Monday 11 March 2019

From StephenS: The Last of the Crusaders (80 points)


I present the last of my crusaders, for these eight mounted horsemen are the final entry of what started out as a 'quick' project for SAGA back in 2015. Various elements of this force have featured in all four of my painting challenges, so I will be a little sad to see the back of them. Although I have to admit, it's great to finally put a 'finished' stamp on this project (as long as I can ignore the voices whispering - "Just a small mercenary unit, it will add a bit more colour to the force, it won't take long at all...").



These eight  28 mm scale figures are all from Gripping Beast. They're a Milites Christi army representing forces of the Knights Hospitaller, with some Knights Templar allies to add a bit of colour and variety.

A shot of the completed force together.




Cheers,

Steve

Lovely stuff- congratulations on finishing a project, and thanks for including a group photo! I really like the earthy tones- without being drab- and the arid bases- without being plain.

Barks

12 comments:

  1. Great looking militant monks! Love the group shot too! My quick projects take even longer!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Stephen and congrats on *finishing* your warband :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Steve! Great to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the fabled 'finished project'. Congratulations on reaching the finish line, and with such a fine looking unit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some mercenaries WOULD look cool...just saying...

    Great work - love the setting, and excellent painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great Steve! Cant wait to see them knife through one of Alan's SAGA armies soon :-) And having just finished my DAK force I quite understand the contented sigh that a "project done" brings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, they are crusaders arenext up on my SAGA list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice gritty looking bunch of crusaders. Love the final group shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they really look terrific Steve. Hard, dusty veterans all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work! That last group shot really is the bees knees! And you know what? The nice thing about Saga is those Mercenaries won‘t take that long 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very fine looking collection!!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I will miss my weekly doses of awesome knights from you Steve, great stuff all round!

    ReplyDelete