Monday 20 January 2020

From BenitoM: Warband Spotted at Millsy's Millpond (80 points)

A savage warband party of ferocious Gauls have been recently spotted at Millsy's Pond today.  This entry represents my second stop in my tour through Challenge Island.


These are yes, ferocious. But if you look close enough you will discover the scars of the age, minis from long forgotten eras in which I used to play Ancients, with rule-sets lost in oblivion  (I can only recall DBA 1.0 and a yellow booklet from a publisher called TTG I think) well before the Warhammer Ancient Battles explosion.



The models are part of my old Celt armies which as commented in a previous post, I decide to repaint allover again, horrified by the bad taste in choosing colors by that earlier incarnation of myself as a quite young wargamer.



The models are Wargames Foundry of an early range which is not even today in their catalogue (at least I couldn't find them in the website). They are pre-2000; but I cannot be 100% positive that they were acquired pre 1990 so won't score the extra points.


This vintage unit will join the swelling ranks of my Celt Briton & Gaul army for Infamy! Infamy! (the incoming set of Ancient skirmish rules by Too Fat Lardies). A typical Barbarian warband unit have a total of 10 models.

The models are based individually (to save the trouble of rebasing if in the future we move to another set of rules... you know, the butterfly wargamer). I'm using now for my units the Warbases MDF movement trays. Incidentally, note that Infamy! Infamy! is basing-agnostic as long as all players agree on using the same system.

The score for this entry is 80 points if my maths are correct:

10 x 28mm models @ 5 points each = 50 points
Millsy's Millpond Extra = 30  points

***
Great work here on some true classic figures Benito. Going back and painting over some old figures must be quite the trip down memory lane.  I hope you enjoy them, I have a feeling that old figures which have managed to stay in your collection for so long will bring you extra luck with dice on the gaming table when the time comes!

Another 80 points for you sir! Well done. 

GregB

6 comments:

  1. They look splendid in their new livery! And they even have patterned tunics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking Gallic war band Benito. Great looking plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! I too am waiting with baited breath for the new Lardies ancients set of rules. The Battlegames podcast had a great interview with Richard discussing the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking Gauls! Excellent work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete