Friday 10 January 2020

From DaveD: 10mm ACW - Bluebelly Artillery - 164 points

I am following my winter painting plan, so its a move up a scale to 10mm. This time a top up for my ACW collection. This is the 3rd year of adding to this one and its starting to build up nicely . All figures are by my local company Pendraken.

My Union artillery has been heavily re-inforced. 9 guns and crew , each of them with a limber or caisson team to provide the mobility. One of the things I like about the 10mm is the economic viability of providing these bits - so infrequently seen in larger scales.


There are a mix of 6 and 4 horse teams


Boom, boom , boom !




these have has thin coat of satin varnish as I like to brighten them up - and it does help the colour pop.

Totals :-
27 gun crew . (27 pts) , 24 unridden horses (24 points)
9 guns . (18 pts)
9 vehicles - limbers/caissons (27 pts)
24 mounted figures (48 points)
20 crew on limbers/caisson (10 points)

total 154 points .

Right off to do some accompanying infantry.


The satin coat really does make them pop! Nice bluebelly gun teams there - difficult to believe they're 10mm scale. I've decided to score the crew on the limbers and caissons as full figures, just because I can!

Tamsin

18 comments:

  1. cracking job, the details look grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive all those tiny horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Dave. The 10s do look good en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking mass of limbers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Dave.
    Isn't Pendraken magnificent? I am falling in love with 10mm stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Dave! As you say, seeing the guns will ALL their fixings is a treat. 10mm is such a great scale, especially when Pendraken pulls out the stops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent looking artillery Dave! Really like the addition of the limbers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Dave! I like the moving up the scales plan. That way the 1:1 scale maintenance jobs come last and have to wait until spring when the Challenge is over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The guns and limbers look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great and as you say at 10mm don't break the bank. All my 6mm ACW artillery has limbers and caissons, at 28mm I have a single limber.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, and really shows just how much space artillery really took up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent limbers and teams.

    ReplyDelete