Friday 10 January 2020

KenR: 3 x 28mm Honey Tanks (63 pts)


I made it this week with my personal quota of Tanks, but it was a close run thing. Followers of Yarkshire Gamer will have seen another outbreak of the dreaded Blitzkrieg Paint Flake Disease. The batch of primed tanks which I thought was ok are not, casualty rate is now up to over 70%, I have purchased both rubbing alcohol and Plastic Primer in retaliation, watch this space.


So here we have 3 x 28mm M3 Stuart Tanks (known as Honeys by the British) from Blitzkrieg Miniatures with a tank commander from the Perrys Rolls Royce Armoured Car which I had hanging around.


Painted in the Caunter Camouflage Scheme with decals from a number of sources and a spot of weathering, standard stuff on my vehicles.


If you look closely at the photo above you can see some remnants of the flaking on the front armour, there are also patches of bubbling and some patches of over painting, a real chore to sort out. You may also notice a slight shimmer on the tank, this is a result of a rather thick coat of Matt Varnish which I pray will keep the paint in place.


Points wise, 3 x 20 for the tanks plus half points for the Commander for a total of 63 points.

The Commander figure is wearing the British Side Cap in the colours of who else but the Yorkshire Hussars !


Not much time left this week for me to get some more done on my Landsknechts as I'm back to work and the tanks tomorrow.


Those Stuarts are real Honeys (D'ya see what I did there? D'ya see? OK, it would have been better if you hadn't referred to them as "Honey" yourself, but a girl's got to try to have some fun) and you've done a great job with the caunter scheme. There's more of that commander sticking out than with Pete's Pz Iv (the post before this) so it does deserve 3 points for him.

Tamsin

23 comments:

  1. Despite the problems you had with this lot they look absolutely smashing! There’s something rather cute about the Stuart, if you get my meaning, that has always appealed to me. Maybe it's about time I did my own... but certainly not from Blitzkrieg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, They are so much smaller than the Cruiser Tanks a nice change

      Delete
  2. Ken - they look amazing, I send you the best wishes in your war against !#$!@#$@#ing primer.

    Particularly fine results with the "caunter" cammo pattern, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Stuart's and commander, lovely camo!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing stuff Ken, you’re rocking these Western Desert tanks, despite the flak8ng issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've launched some down the garden as well 😁

      Delete
  5. They look marvelous, fingers crossed they will stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, Ken, but sorry to hear that you're still having issues with flaking paint. I hope the varnish does the trick for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, the next lot are getting attacked with rubbing alcohol and Plastic Primer first 👍

      Delete
  7. Great work Ken, hope the remedial action with the rubbing alcohol makes future entries easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, hopefully or these things are getting launched.

      Delete
  8. Those are some great looking tanks Ken!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Caunter; your tales of flaking are terrifying!

    ReplyDelete