Saturday 11 January 2020

From JamieM - Department X on Hawkins' Hill (70 points)

As I stagger up Hawkins Hill, I'm reassured by the presence of "Department X" - a team of crack goodie agents here to help save the world from the likes of S.H.I.V.A.


These have been sitting ready for painting since at AHPC 6 or 7, I'm too embarrassed to work out which.... They're by Crooked Dice for the 7TV game and so have that wonderful 70's spy-fi vibe to them.


The team comprises of Kitty Stryker (in the yellow jumpsuit) and 7 X-Commandoes.  I'll be using the female commando with the SMG as an officer.


Were I cleverer than I am, I'd have saved these two ladies to give me a ride on a balloon, but I decided the entry wouldn't be the same without them!  I'm a wargamer, logic when it comes to figures is entirely optional......


These two can form a pair using an experimental big gun, or I can use the kneeling chap as a technician.


These four are the muscle of the team, the chap with the pistol will likely be a sarge.


This is the side you want to see as a civilian as they stride into action, keeping the world safe for us of us..... Go Department X!

I make that 8 28m figures for 40 points and another 30 for Hawkins' Hill to come to a grand total of 70.

That's my fifth location on Challenge Island visited so my sight turns to the mist shrouded Snowlord's peak in the distance..... I should think a Balloon would be the perfect way to ascend in style.

****

Very nice looking figures here Jamie.  The clean, bright, high contrast style and colour choices really works with these.  The yellow jump suit and hats against the grey of the rest of the uniforms really makes the whole squad really pop!  They look ready to step right back into a comic book to battle the forces of evil.

- Byron

12 comments:

  1. Excellent figures Jamie, yellow is always tricky and you’ve nailed it here especially on the Kitty Strykers’s cat suit. Very evocative of 60s scifi TV, I can almost here the theremin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking good guys! Love the cat suit, very avengers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Jamie. Logic being entirely optional...I couldn't agree more! Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! As Byron says, the vibrant yellow really makes these rock. Kitty's cat suit is the bee's knees. I'm totally on board with your 'wargamer's logic'. :)

    Looking forward to your magisterial ascent up Snow Lord's Peak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cracking! I almost feel like Sir Jean Connery is about to walk round the corner in the service of her majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow cat suit ... Emma Peel or Agent 99?

    As for Ballooning to Snow Lords’ Peak, Environment Canada long range forecast is sunshine and -35C temperature ... Excellent Adventure Weather 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, they look like they’re straight out of a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Jamie with a strong yellow theme bringing it all together.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the summit. Please form an orderly queue for your novelty photo on the left, and then the gift shop on the right.

    Nice grey/yellow combo on these!

    ReplyDelete