Wednesday 19 February 2020

From Barks: What shall we do with the drunken pirate? (37 points)

This Challenge has been an excellent impetus towards me getting paint on some of those odder single miniatures that have been floating about for years. For example, this Reaper pirate who is covered in little details. I like the little story the miniature tells with the monkey lifting up his eyepatch. You can't quite make out the "RUM" label on the bottle- also, can you find the cork?



I was a bit intimidated by having to sculpt the decking out of green stuff, but it wasn't too hard at all. I used a Renedra 30mm base.


This nicely suits the nautical theme at Reidy's Reef.

28mm pirate + monkey ~7 points
Reidy's Reef 30 points


From DaveD - cracking job there Barks thats a fine job. I can almost hear him singing!

28 comments:

  1. Excellent work Barks. I can almost smell his breath and yes I found the cork but I'm not telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking work Barks! I recall painting the very same figure a few Challenges ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so! I did have a quick search but couldn't find it. I remember when you posted it because I had this chap sitting about.

      Delete
    2. I've checked back - it was a bonus round entry in AHPC 6

      Delete
    3. Great minds think alike! http://analogue-hobbies-theme-rounds.blogspot.com/2016/02/nautical-from-tamsinp-what-shall-we-do.html

      Delete
  3. I'm never able to find the cork on rum bottles. Might be a problem.

    Great work Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A terrible problem, you can't let that stuff go to waste.

      Delete
  4. A fun little piece well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray and up she rises. Absolute belter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good. Excellent figure😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff mate, looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a brilliant figure, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never seen that figure before. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent looking little vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super looking figure and nice deck!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cracking paintjob on a characterful figure!

    ReplyDelete