Friday 28 February 2020

From MikeW - Odds and Ends (35 Points)

Having clambered up the Ice Mountain and waiting for the options for the final challenge to arrive I took the time to complete a few odds and ends that had either not made the cut on other posts or were simply picked up and work on as I found them whilst doing other more complete posts!

So to this end is first a 28mm Commander for my new Stirland Army, the rider has been kicking around in my spares box in the garage for donkeys years, if fact it was a little damaged and so had to be restored and then mounted on a suitable plastic horse that was also in the same spares box.

Stirland Commander
A lick of Green and yellow paint and some work on the cloak finished of the figure nicely, albeit too late for my last Stirland post.

And another view
Next are four Cadian Guardsmen, rooted out at the same time that I did the Cadian Walker earlier in this challenge, the two firing Lasguns were initially painted in the wrong colours! Only when  pulled out my reference figure from my collection did I remember that the webbing was tan coloured and not green - hence a delay and they waited on my workbench for some weeks...

Two Cadian Troopers

The Officer was found with only the power sword arm - so I had to source another and it took some to identify a suitable left arm, I found a great pointing arm and then I was able to take the spare helmet and Lasgun from the spares box to complete the figure.
Cadian Officer


Another view
Finally the standard Bearer - several attempts at painting the moulded on flag failed, in the end I cut it off and printed out a design I was able to take from the internet, a much better solution - I hate moulded on flags!
Standard Bearer, XXXIII Cadian Guards,
5th Battalion - The Cadian Greys
From the front

Finally an old Warhammer Bretonnian archer, plucked from the Bretonnian plastic mountain and test painted to see what I could achieve, end result seems pretty good to my eyes. Just as with the old Games Workshop Empire figures these old Bretonnian Archers are classics, only shame is that GW missed a trick and didn't do a suitable spearman / billman to accompany this fella...


Old School Brettonian Archer
POINTS
4 x 28mm Imperial Guards @ 5 Points ea = 20 Points
1 x 28mm Bretonnian Archer @ 5 Points ea = 5 Points
1 x 28mm Warhammer Empire Commander @ 10 Points ea = 10 Points
TOTAL POINTS 20 + 5 + 10 = 35 Points



A nice mixed bag of figures here Mike!

TamsinP

6 comments: