Monday 4 January 2021

From Barks: Rise of the Galactic Empire (72 points)

I've had a few days away from my paints and I can feel my mojo slipping. I did get these done quickly just before I left- figures for the Rise of the Empire expansion for the Star Wars: Rebellion boardgame. I think this game is a flawed gem, but the expansion introduces a completely new combat system that is a big improvement on the original. Many of these figures are from Rogue One, which has a great final third.

All the bits

Interdictor-class Star Destroyers

Nebulon-B frigates

Defence turrets

Shield bunkers

Rebel pathfinders

TIE Strikers

Tanks*

U-Wings

I'm scoring these all as 2 points each: 15mm figures, and everything else similar to 1:300 AFVs.

So 72 points.

I'm keen to get delving into the Chambers shortly, and you will get a Skull update this week as well.

* I thought these tanks were a bit daft, then I realised they've got a twin-linked las turret underslung beneath the lower glacis plate...

22 comments:

  1. Lovely looking star wars stuff!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Barks! I agree about the value of the expansion - the base game was a bit naff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a great epic game, I come down on the side of War of the Ring.

      Delete
  3. Great game, and nice work pimping it out Barks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stuff, those models come out great with a splash of paint 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice mix of ships and fighters.

    ReplyDelete