Monday 4 January 2021

From Millsy: Chambers of Challenge Level 1 (192 points)

 G'day All,

For my second entry this year I have completed Level 1 of the Chambers of Challenge. This is a great idea and I was gutted to miss a similar theme last year. I can see myself completing a fair chunk of the chambers, likely more than are required to complete the route to the Altar of the Snowlord.

Here's what I have completed to date...


Level 1 - Hall of Traps - Frostgrave Treasure Tokens

Nothing says TRAP like a fantasy gaming chest. If you've never hid behind an overturned table and poked a chest with a 6' pole then you've never played D&D! These are from the old Mordheim sprues and will make great treasure tokens for all manner of games including Frostgrave.


6 x 28mm minis + bonus = 50 points.

Level 1 - The Pit of the Pendulum - Frostgrave Cultists & Armoured Bodyguards

I don't have any pendulums hanging about the house but I did have some Rangers of Shadowseep Cultists and armoured chaps, armed with all manner of giant blades that make a great swishing sound as the descend towards some poor mook's head.



7 x 28mm minis + bonus = 55 points.

Level 1 - Golem's Haunt - Frostgrave Constructs

Frostgrave Small and Medium Constructs this time. The small chap is one of the most uninspiring minis I have ever painted. I've actually painted him twice including this one and both times bored my off my skull. The large chap on the other hand I really like.


2 x 28mm minis + bonus = 30 points.

Level 1 - The Chamber of Darkness - Frostgrave Wight

I absolutely love wights, ghasts and ghosts so this was a no brainer. The is a plastic mini, assembled from the Frostgrave Female Wizards set. The wild hair and strained facial expression shouts "tortured soul" in caps.


1 x 28mm mini + bonus = 25 points.

Level 1 - Aquifer - Cruel Seas Minesweeper

And finally an absolutely onestarsh1tshow of a 3D printed miniature I picked up a while back a MOAB in Sydney. It's got more grain than a vegan breakfast menu and was about as much fun to boot. It'll likely languish in a dark corner somewhere for all time from here on ;-)


1 x 1:300 mini + crew + bonus = 32 points.

So that's Level 1 knocked off bagging 192 points and I'm descending to Level 2 quick smart.


On the turntable this time was...

Artist: Soundgarden
Album: Badmotorfinger (25th Anniversary Remaster)

Artist: Killing Joke
Album: Killing Joke

Artist: Matt Hardwick and Scott Bond
Album: JJJ Mixup, Gatecrasher 2000 Live in Australia


Cheers,
Millsy


11 comments:

  1. Gotta say, that is some fancy brushwork! That Wight is especially cool, and the cultists and bodyguard are suitably forbidding!

    Might have need of some ghouls soon, btw... 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. and he's off at a sprint. lovely stuff, I have mine backed up waiting the postman to deliver my 1st figure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you’re on a roll. Great work, I had a good chuckle over the vegan breakfast. Being a celiac my wife is always trying to up my fibre by feeding me bark and twigs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work - I love the idea of the playlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wight! The construct and the cultists are great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's dome mighty fine brushwork thete Millsy. And getting Level 1 sorted in one fell swoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done Millsy! It's great to have you back on board again

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of great looking minis. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys, it's great to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really enjoying your Frostgrave stuff!

    Does each treasure chest have eight skullz?! Swoon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boom,one post one level !
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete