Monday 4 January 2021

From MikeF - The Armoury - Warhammer 40k Inquisiton Crusader - 25 points

 The next chamber is "the Armoury" which requires I paint something in armour. Even the most casual glance at my blog posts will clearly indicate that the common theme to my painting selections are models in copious amounts of armour. The real difficulty was selecting which armoured model for the chamber. I decided to use the next few chambers to paint a 40K Inquisitor Kill Team. First up is the "tank" of the group, the crusader. He's wearing carapace armour and is armed with a power sword and storm shield. I'm not a big fan of the full body cloak GW insists on draping over these guys, but I guess they're going for the warrior-monk look for these guys. I found the cloak to be a bit of a pain to paint and ended up repainted it a couple of times before just settling on black. The rest of the model painted up quick and I think he'll look great as part of the completed unit.





9 comments:

  1. I like the nice rich colours you have chosen- very nice. I have one to paint up for Blackstone Fortress although I probably won't get around to it during the APC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...great work Mike, I love this figure. I have to admit I love the cloaks on them too...excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on this figure, I like the colours you’ve used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking Crusader!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a rather impressive fellow you got there Mike. I'm not quite sold on the concept of shields in the 41st millenium, but hey, it sure looks bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat looking figure. look forward to seeing him on the table, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work on this crusader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super figures, love the cloak 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete