Monday 4 January 2021

JamieM - Chaos Warriors Interrupted

Hello all! A somewhat delayed first post for me as I managed to catch a horrible sickness/nausea bug over Christmas which wiped me out for quite some time and so delayed my first post of this new challenge.

I’m pleased to finally be able to present 10 GW chaos warriors of two different hues (started on the first day of the challenge).

These are figures for use in the GW boardgame “Stormvault” in which the players take on a mighty hero each and wander the realms to find magic things and duff up chaos warriors. The god that each warrior is dedicated to is quite important and whilst the game includes fancy plastic models to represent the heroes, there are only small cardboard tokens for the chaos warriors and these can get quite lost on the busy and colourful board. So I decided to make figures for each champion, especially as I can play at home with the kids.

First up, five likely lads supporting Tzeentch, the god of magic, Machiavellian plots and tricky spelling words.

These are from the Kairic Acolyte set. Just the right amount of detail and painted up nicely.


The others are converted figures to represent warriors of Slaanesh, the god of excess, debauchery and fancy nail polish designs.

I didn’t have any spare Slaanesh figures, so I grabbed some spare elves bodies that I knew I’d never get around to using, some spare heads and pincers from some daemonettes and I was away!

I did start wandering how these warriors would use the bows given they have one pincer arm, but I decided that it was best not to pry whenever Slaanesh is concerned and just roll with it! The answer is probably “magic”.

10 28mm figures for 50 points to get me on the board.



12 comments:

  1. Nicely done Jamie - glad to hear you are feeling better (I'm sure no Chaos gods aided your recovery, eh?). Great to have you with us once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Minatures love the "Covid hair"

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look brilliant Jamie. I particularly like your Slaanesh conversions. Why is that purple hair always looks so especially debauched? Love em.

    Also glad to hear you shook your Nugle's Rot. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Jamie. Love the purple hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking chaos warriors! The elvish deomons are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent kit bashing -- the elven demonettes are particulary cool (very Justina Robson -- see her "Quantum Gravity" series)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice group of Chaos warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really look the part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the Challenge Jamie, better late than never 😉
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete