Monday 4 January 2021

From MattK: Aliens and a Christmas Gift (90 pts)

 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for the late start this year but the Holidays were surprisingly busy this year. I started seeing someone before the pandemic started and who wouldve guessed that having a significant other would make the holidays worth celebrating. Forgoing my usual tradition of Christmas Day and New Years day marathon Painting has put me a touch behind but I certainly think it was worth it. Apologies in advance for this batch of photos, I've been staying at my girlfriends during the break and didnt bring my photo booth.

First up I have two "Ornaments"painted for my Girlfriend for Christmas. This was a file I found on Thingiverse and printed and screwed an eye hook into.


They were painted to look like the two family dogs, Sammi and Koda and went over well enough that they went right up on the tree.


These were the last two figures I painted in 2020. Kicking off this year, today I decided to get started on my Aliens Collection with the new Gale Force Nine Board Game. I painted all 16 aliens in the base game. Super simple paint jobs but I'm super happy with them. I have the marines and both expansions to work through still, as well as the Prodos games game and some extra odds and ends. One of my big plans this year is a Bug Hunt game for whenever conventions return. 


The pugs are a bit bigger than a standard 28 but the paint jobs were simple so to keep everything easy lets call it 18 x 28mm figures for this submission, for a total of 90 points. I hope everyone had a good holiday season. I plan on adding to my Necromunda collection and fleshing out some terrain for some games I have planned.

8 comments:

  1. welcome on board, cracking start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the challenge. Nice work, love the pups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pugs and nice aliens!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice start Matt! I can't say much on the Aliens as the picture is rather small, but I quite like your doggies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting to receive my GF9 Aliens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Challenge Matt, great start
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete