Monday 4 January 2021

From PaulSS: 2e Bataillon, 25e Régiment de Ligne (121pts)

Over the past week I've been steadily working on this entry while sliding in the Princess Brenda and La Boulangerie entries to keep my score ticking along.

 I had hoped to enter them into "The Hatchery" but they are a 2nd Battalion of a Regiment so only have a fanion and don't carry an Eagle, so I've picked up something special for that entry.


All but one of the figures are from the Perry Miniatures French Napoleonic Infantry 1812-1815 set which is one of my all time favorites (I've now painted 19 battalions, almost entirely using this set).



The only figure in this unit is the officer who comes from the Victrix Napoleonic French Artillery 1812 to 1815 set, more of which to come in an upcoming post.


The 2nd Battalion of the 25th Line Regiment was a part of Marcognet's 3rd Division of d'Erlon's I Corps and although caught up in the charge of the Union Brigade but were still around later in the battle.


This brings my French infantry forces on this side of the Atlantic up to 8 battalions of foot and should address some of the problems with the forces in my last game that exposed the paucity of the French infantry on hand a the time.

More Napoleonic infantry on deck this week with a Hanoverian Landwehr battalion currently getting some attention.


Twenty four 28mm figures and a standard will add 121 points to my ongoing total and I think put me quite near the half-way mark for my total.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 14 mounted, 31 foot

36 comments:

  1. Excellent work Paul! Very little else provides table presence on a wargame table like Napoleonics, and these look really good. While I love the look, i lack the discipline to paint units of them, so really like seeing others paint them up well. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Byron.
      I agree so I find painting in small groups of four figures at a time works best for me.
      Go for the campaign look with greatcoats and overall trousers if you want to reduce the drudge of painting "fuss and feathers"

      Delete
  2. I love your smooth painting; nice and solid and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Machine-like pace and magazine-like quality once again! Great work Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, back at work now so the machine may be ratcheted back a gear or two ;)

      Delete
  4. Great painting and love the campaign battle worn look of the regiment! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. Very clean, crisp painting and a wonderful unit to see on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, the crisp style looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As others have commented, your style of painting these French Ligne is really well executed - they look battle worn but not overly so. I am most impressed (and envious) with your painting skills. Top notch work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid looking French line infantry, as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always impressed by the speed you can crank out whole regiments (or bataillons as in this case) in no time at all while keeping such a high standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      It's mainly just doing 30 mins here and there on small groups and while working on the group in hand putting spare paint I have left on the palette on figures that are on deck.
      Means that I start of with 24 'grey figures' and start working on the basecoats of four of them, by the time I come to do the last group four they are almost all already painted.

      Delete
  10. What a very impressive unit Paul - I love the crisp detail, and your machine gun like rate of production!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work on these French.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing, and impressive you can put out good quality at this speed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some great looking French Paul!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great unit mate, how big are you planning to go with the Napoleonic stuff?
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken.
      Once the transatlantic collections are reunited, the French are now at 19 battalions of infantry, three batteries of guns and 9 regiments of horse.
      I have another battery of guns and battalion of infantry in the backlog.
      I'll mainly be concentrating on the Anglo-allies who have only 7 battalions of infantry, 3 regiments of horse and one battery of guns, although I have two foot and one battery on deck at the moment. I also just dropped a big order on Brigade Games for more British/KGL troops.

      Delete