Monday 4 January 2021

From PaulSS: [The Larder] La Boulangerie (45pts)

 

I was delighted to find that Eureka Miniatures make a bakery with a field oven. I thought this set would make an excellent entry for The Larder in the Chambers of Challenge.


The Larder: A figure or vignette themed around food, drink, meals, patisserie, cooking, cordon bleu and culinary over-indulgence. Bonus points for vignettes of halfling chefs or French sommeliers.


This model is from the Eureka Miniatures French Revolution set it places it just a few years too early for the Hundred Days campaign, but I also have many figures in the collection wearing the Bonnet d'Police like a couple of these chaps so I think it will fit nicely.



I left the base rather plain, with just pumice gel painted brown and stained with different shades and did not use tufts etc. as I felt that the bakery would most likely be set up in a tavern courtyard or farm yard rather than out in the actual field


It is a rather lovely set with four bakers, including a Cantiniere kneading the dough up on the table with her feet and a chap ready with a bakers paddle to load the loaves into the oven. The flour sacks and log pile are already included.

As the set includes a Cantiniere I've also added the Sarah's Choice tag.

I added a couple of resin bottle from a set I had, you probably don't want to drink this, it will serve to keep the rats away.


But do knock yourself out with the rough red wine.


There are four 28mm figures and I think that an additional 5 points for the additional accessories is fair, with the location bonus for a total of 45 points. Any bonus points for French chefs also gladly accepted, although I doubt any sommeliers would recommend that rough pinard.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 14 mounted, 7 foot


29 comments:

  1. What a great little vignette Paul, it should work very well for the 100 days. Nice painting and basing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely baking vignette!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this? I wish I could do one of these for my 28mm Franco-Prussian War collection...well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, I agree, we need the option for this vignette across many periods :)

      Delete
  4. Super vignette - and wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing vignette Paul- right up my street (nearly said alley- too much Lardy Oddcast!)

    I love the bottle of poison lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Paul. I realy love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. I did this same set a few years ago. Lovely, characterful models and you've done them up a treat. Well done Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a fantAstic piece, love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb vignette, lovely painting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic diorama, love the guy treading the bread. Full of life, love it.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ken, she may not be a looker but that's a girl ;)

      Delete
  11. What a brilliant set of figures, 10/10 Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! I'm a sucker for little vignettes like this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic piece of table decoration. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderfully characterful piece!

    ReplyDelete