Monday 4 January 2021

From StuartL - Fresh Meat for Blood Bowl - 45 Points

Hello again. In this post, I make my way to the Orcs' Pit, a particularly seedy part of the Chambers of Challenge, but one which has a very clear theme. During the 2019 challenge, one of the bonus rounds was themed around sports. At that time, I painted up a team of orcs for Blood Bowl, but I only painted 13 minis. A full size roster for Blood Bowl should (I think), include 16 players. Just before the challenge began, a friend gave me some orcish Blood Bowl players for free. While I only needed to paint up 3 of them, I added 5 to my painting queue for the Orcs' Pit. Firstly because it gives me a Squirrel Point and secondly because I seem to have misplaced one of the original team, thus highlighting the need for some reserves.


I have no idea which manufacturer they come from. The models are all plastic and all in the same pose. I don't think that they are GW, but I can't be sure. The friend who gave them to me didn't know either having got them from another friend who has since left the country.


As far as minis go, I actually felt like these were quite a slog, despite having a colour scheme ready from the previous parts of the team. There wasn't a lot of detail on the minis and they are all quite static compared to the newer teams from GW and other makers that are available these days.


And here they are (hiding at the back) with the rest of the team, classic GW plastic orcs and a Reaper Troll.

5x 28mm minis and the Chamber bonus gets me 45 points for my tally. Sadly these are not GW minis, so don't count towards that side duel. Nor do they have any skullz. They do represent 1 Squirrel though, so they aren't a total loss.

My running duels totals:
GW Points - 287
Skullz - 100
Squirrels - 5


14 comments:

  1. Nice bunch of orks,aren't they the original boxed set GW blood bowl ones? They look similar to the ones I have in my loft!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little digging around the internet. These are actually from the 2nd edition of Blood Bowl, (First edition had cardboard standees), I hadn't realised they were official minis.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these classic Blood Bowl Orcs, I painted a team of these in the dim and distant past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. At the time when they were released, they were probably cutting edge, but now they do look very dated.

      Delete
  3. Grim looking greenskins. You are charging ahead with squirrels while I haven’t even bagged one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a lot of dedication to become an official Squirrel wrangler. Is it worth the effort? Who knows, but it's fun!

      Delete
  4. Great work Stuart - nice to see some Blood Bowl whackiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Stuart!

    I've still got the very same models somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Green Machine ✊
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see this team get completed!

    ReplyDelete