Thursday 23 December 2021

From Curt: Felicity Foxcroft, Femme Fatale - For Passage on Sarah's Star Yacht (25 Points)

Typical for me, I've dropped into the map not having a hot clue of what I'm doing. Yep, no plan at all. Not to fear, as thankfully we have the delightful Lady Sarah with her Star Yacht to whisk us around the various orbits, depositing us where we wish, for the low, low cost of a painted female figure. What a great deal!

Accordingly, I present to you Felicity Foxcroft, dilettante, freelance spy and all-around heart-breaker.

I've had this figure in my stores for quite a while, and for the life of me I can't remember where I got her from. She looks like a Hasslefree, Statuesque, or a Pulp Miniature sculpt. Hmm, I dunno. No matter, I think she's quite the dish with her slinky evening gown, long silk gloves, and, the ultimate accessory for a lady-about-town: a .38 snub nose revolver.


Felicity will be a welcome addition to our Pulp collection. I know for certain she'll charm the socks off of the next Shoggoth we happen across. 

Okay, I have 5 points for Felicity, plus another 20 for my passage on Sarah's Star Yacht, so 25 total.  

Oh, and this will also be 'F' for Femme Fatale in the 'Alphabet Soup Challenge' (I also have 'M' for Marvin).

Aaand, 5 points towards my 95 point 'Modern Duel' with DavidB.

Now, I'm off for Caprica!

- Curt


52 comments:

  1. Lovely figure, I think it’s a statuesque “pulp alley” figure that I wish I’d picked up as they seem to be oop now. Smashing work on the dress, always tricky to get dark colours right and this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. I think you're right as I remember ordering from them a few years back. Too bad their pulp range is no longer available as they were great minis.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully crafted deep blue. Brilliantly done with just the highest points reaching a saturated blue on the dress. Very impressive Curt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darrell! I used a Contrast base, but decided to add to the highlights with some glazes of Foundry blues.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. She is rather vampy, isn't she.

      Delete
  4. great jo, your female figures are always slinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very 007, straight from the film set ... great post thanks.
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez! That reminds me that we should watch the new one on Apple TV tonight. :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice pulp lady, Curt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. She's a Killer Queen; Gunfire and guillotine. :)

      Delete
  8. She is very seductive! Clearly she will pull you in and mess you up! Your work on her dress is outstanding. I really like the definition on her leg peeking out of the slit of her dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin! The thing I like best about her sculpt is her leg, as it provides a wonderful contrast against her long dress.

      Delete
  9. She’s definitely a Statuesque - I have her in a red dress somewhere fir Pulp Alley . Grand job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiight! I remember your red-dressed Girl. Wonderful work. Thanks for the confirmation, Dave!

      Delete
  10. Fine work as ever dude - and again, I remain stunned at your ability to stick these figures on the transparent bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude! Believe me there have been MANY botched bases (and colourful language) on the path to learning on how to glue them on consistently.

      Delete
  11. Well done. Excellent work.
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvelous looking figure, she looks dressed for all the best parties/assassinations over the holiday period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, she just needs a eggnog in the other hand that's not holding a pistol. :)

      Delete
  13. What a striking figure! That night blue/black gown is the bees knees

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Curt and like Nick says that blue dress is striking.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvelous miniatutr. Fortunately I don't know where to get her, so I don't need to worry about it. With that gown she should feel herself welcome on the Star Yacht.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "She had a face to make a bishop kick in a stained-glass window. And the bishop had a kick like a one-legged horse that had won the Kentucky Derby."
    A femme, wonderfully fatale!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is very nice, Curt! She can easily slip into most any Era and be most anything even a covert operator. Very nice black on the gown!
    Aaaaaand away you go with a stolen march and I've nary a point on the board! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could pit her against your new Beholders and take bets on who'd come out on top. Beholders have evil intelligence, a battery of deadly spells and a great gnashing maw. Felicity has a small pistol, attitude and a wicked dress. Hmm, I'd be putting money on the fair lady. :)

      Delete
  18. LOvely model and better paint work. Terrificly sexy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Benito. She is a bit of a minx, isn't she.

      Delete
  19. Quite a daunting lady, this. Very nice Curt, good to see you picking up from last year(s?), I always your pulp figures !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely silky dress and gloves and hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, she's a looker to be sure.

      Delete