Tuesday 4 January 2022

From ArthurS: A Dynamic Duo! (10 points)

 Hoi,

As Arthur is only now learning to speak and read English, he's asked me to write his posts as usual. So over to the lad in, more or less his words:

"Hello Everybody, I am so happy to be allowed to join the Challenge again this year. I have upped my points target from 50 to 75 points, because I have taken to seriously building out my 40K Space Marines army. For this I have painted two characters for my own created Chapter the Power-Wings. These characters are the Chaptermaster with the workname: Taggie, (I know; don't ask...ed)  and a generic apothecary.





For Taggie's base I nicked one of Dad's Necromunda bases and tried to paint it a bit more gritty then usual, I hope you like them.

 Have a nice day! Arthur"

 

Well I really like the Lad is trying out new things like the base and he has tried to be more precise in his painting: i.e. not just splash a good dab of paint in the general direction of the intended place on the model but actually trying to "paint-within-the-lines" if that makes sense.

When we play a game with these I will most definitely post pictures here. Anyway these two 28mm chaps should gain Arthur 10 points and prevent his culling ;-)

Cheers Arthur and Sander


Welcome back to the Challenge, Arthur! It's been wonderful to see your painting skills progress over the past few years. A well-deserved 10 points for these two space marines!

Tamsin

 

44 comments:

  1. Smashing job Arthur! I like your work on Taggie’s base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks a lot I am also happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. More brilliant work Arthur, welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Arthur! And welcome back to The Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says:thank you, I am glad to be back!

      Delete
  4. Great to see you back in the Challenge Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to the Challenge Arthur! I do hope to see a small force of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thank you, there's plenty more To come.

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Arthur and great to see you write your own posts. Nicking your dad’s stuff is an important survival skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says:thanks heaps, my mum and I really had to laugh when dad translated your remark. Now he has put a lock on his study...

      Delete
    2. Not getting caught is also an important skill…

      Delete
  7. Nice post! Hard to go wrong with Space Marines. For the Emperor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says:Thanks, there are a lot of undercoated space marines on my paintdesk yet. The Emperor Protects!

      Delete
  8. Awesome Arthur and so cool to have your own Space Marines Chapter

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks, I am not only painting the miniatures but also like writing a background for my Dark Angels successor Chapter.

      Delete
  9. Well done Arthur, that's a lovely colour combination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says:thank you I like it a lot too!

      Delete
  10. Welcome back Arthur! Your minis look terrific and great work on the nicked base from your Dad. Let's see some more from the Power-Wings Chapter, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thank you very much, I still have a razorback, bike squadron and a Terminator squad ready for painting. So don't be afraid lots is still coming!

      Delete
  11. Excellent pair of space marines, welcome back to the challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Arthur says: thank you Lady Sarah! Lots of purple used specially for you ;-)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Arthur says:thanks Dave, shame we couldn't meet up at Crisis this year :-(

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Arthur says:Thank you Alex there's more to come!

      Delete
  15. A great start to the Challenge. More marines please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: more marines on the way as ordered sir!

      Delete
  16. How many skullz are there, Arthur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. believe it or not Barks; just 7 shared between them...

      Delete
  17. Awesome paint jobs, Arthur. As I say to my son, the base makes the model! Maybe I will persuade him to join the challenge next year if you don't mind no longer being the youngest challenger. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur says: I don't mind at all, the more the merrier! Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Arthur says; thanks very much, I try my best!

      Delete