Wednesday 20 April 2022

Iain W - 28mm Wrap Report

So the end of another challenge, thanks to Curt and Mr Wednesday (Greg) it's taken me a while to put together my wrap report which follows the pattern of the rest of the challenge for me,works been extra busy plus a dose of Covid meant I just seem to be trying to catch up all the time, I haven't been able to comment on all the  posts this year as there were so many, but I hit my target which is great and apart from seven figures to make up the last unit from Blax ( Simon) I've managed to stick to the plan of painting Napoleonic Austrians and now I have a tidy little force and should be able to have some sort of a game soon! I decided against visiting the planets as in previous years I've wandered off scratch building things that I never finished , I've still got a half finished boat yard from an over literal interpretation of a previous challenge location !




Both Toby and I are a bit greyer in the muzzle now ,still, looks like a decent amount of figures there anyway ,it's been great fun reading all the other posts and seeing the enormous range of figures that everyone has painted, I'd better start preparing for next year!
All the best 
Iain 

19 comments:

  1. A great collection of figures Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though your productivity was perhaps a bit less than you wished, your Austrians looked brilliant and it was wonderful having you with us again this year. I look forward to seeing you again in the autumn, Iain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for putting the whole shebang on Curt! I enjoyed it and got a decent amount done, it was just real life spoiling the fun!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Nice collection of figures, Iain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Toby might be a bit greyer than before, but the grey Austrians are now nicely colourful! Well, they are still quite grey, but I hope you understand me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu! Yeah I think I understand!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on meeting your target! I am still enthralled with your work with 6mm. So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to say thank you but I suspect you're thinking of someone else as all my figuresare 28mm!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. My goodness! I had a moment there didn’t I? Haha! Your exchange with Blax and the resulting figures was one of my favourite Challenge moments!

      Delete
  6. Excellent work Iain! Thanks for your great contributions and your comments, hope to see you again in the next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I look forward to the next Challenge!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. I always enjoy your work Iain. Loved the Nappys this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Peter, I actually stuck to a plan, amazing!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. It was a great Challenge Iain and thanks for all the constructive comments! See you next year Sander

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sander I enjoyed seeing what you and Arthur came up with!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete