Tuesday 10 January 2023

From AlanD - Inter-War Armoured Cars for Under Construction (120 Points)

I've had a break from painting turnips this week with a group of inter-war armoured cars.


It seems like I only seem to work on my inter-war projects during the Painting Challenge, so I'm claiming these for the Under Construction bonus. I was looking back over past Challenges, and saw that I first started painting things for the German Revolution back in 2016. I added some more bits last year, and here we are again.



This beast, a Garford-Putilov, will join the Freikorps I painted in 2016.

A year or so ago I also painted a bunch of Poles for the Polish-Soviet War of 1920, and the next two armoured cars will give them a bit of punch. The diminutive Ford with its colourful camouflage was a Polish design, hastily thrown together in 1920. The Austin-Putilov is based on a well-known photo of a Red Army vehicle that was captured in May 1920. The Poles retained the original Bolshevik vehicle name, cheekily adding their own with the date of capture.




Finally, here are a couple of vehicles for the Red Army in 1920. I don't have any other figures for that particular army yet, but I'm sure that can be remedied at some point! The hal-track is an Austin Kegresse, and it's joined by a Izhorsky-Fiat. I've deliberately left it without markings so I can use it for a few different armies.


I was trying to remember who made these models. The Polish Ford and Austin-Putilov are from Company B. I think the others are from Brigade Games, but I could well be wrong.  Hope you like them! five vehicles plus the Under Construction bonus should give me 120 points for the week. Thank you Tamsin!



That's a great set of armoured cars, Alan. Good to see you return to your inter-war stuff.

Tamsin

17 comments:

  1. Lovely 1920s sorta armour Dux! More please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous armoured cars, Alan. I wonder if any of those may be Copplestone designs as he did a few for this period. They all look wonderfully whacky and a mechanic's nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inter/early war armoured cars are terrific and you have done well painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine beastie of vehicle ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something about interwar military vehicles that looks like they are just about one rivet away from being post-apocalyptic vehicles...fine work Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cool and a must do for VBCW I think, thanks or tankee for showing these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work mate - looking forward to seeing them on the tabletop soon! I'm working on some stuff for them to shoot at :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. O yes, I fondly remember your armoured cars from earlier Challenges, these again look absolutely fabulous! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh the look fabulous I must say

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic work! I love all these early armoured models, including the frankensteins so abundant in the Spanish Civil War (at least the first few months)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff - love seeing these kind of vehicles!
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love armoured cars, and your weathering on these is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful stuff! Love the paintwork.

    ReplyDelete