Wednesday 22 February 2023

From BruceR; Return to Terrain; Under Construction Studio; 61pts

 A return from my Ranch isolation.  Hound photos required:


CSM Loki sharing the rear seat of the land cruiser with Wibaux



Doc in the gunners seat.


The protected beasties

Under Construction Studio:  Last challenge I managed to finish two Sarissa ruined European buildings and realized I had two more flats.  This realization came as I ogled some cabins for FIW and my inner hobby voice commented "you said you would not buy more houses with other flats in the hobby cave". 

Only one way to fix that.

Over the weekend I broke the seal on the remaining two ruined flats and proceeded to construct these little beasts.  They are quite different to build as the buildings consist of 6 sections with 3 tiers.  They are amazing as the brick work and planking all fit together (with a little force).  One, I rattle canned the flats and added brush work after gluing the bugger together.  The Second I put together and rattle canned the constructed building and did some distressing with the every handy make up brush.  I'm not sure which works better.  As the build is rather tedious I think four is enough.  

The First Build:

I'm going for speed and a distressed look.  














Second build:








The two side by side with a German battalion headquarters setting up shop for scale.  


The completed 4 building block ready for action.  (only two challenges to complete)  Huzzah!








Added some color to the doors and some fallen brick and debris.  Couldn't resist putting some battalion support in front while I had them out.  The maps are out as Hauptmann Fritz and Neidermeir attempt to convince Oberstleutnant Hauk to push on to better accommodations.  



Points
Buildings are 7x7x4 so a cube per =  40 pts
Under Construstion Studio =              20 pts

Total for the week                                60 pts

Everybody have a good week and stay safe.  

Minion Miles: Love the distress look and the modular nature of the buildings.  Plus you get the 1 point dog bonus!

13 comments:

  1. Great fit for the Under Construction Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ruins, Bruce! Not to forget the lovely doggoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I proper love a Sarissa kit, they are great quality. Great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t comment on the speed, but the distressed look is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under construction on two fronts. Looking very good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous set of ruins! I like your addition of rubble and assorted wreckage to fit the setting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so good that it hardly seems right to use the word ruin🤣

    ReplyDelete
  8. An impressive set of ruins Bruce (an oxymoron or what?).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking dogs and lovely ruins!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice brushwork, Bruce! I like the colorful distressed look of the buildings. They are a neat kit. I like the ranch and doggo photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Work Bruce,really nice graduation of colour

    ReplyDelete