Saturday 1 April 2023

From ArthurS and SanderS: Challenge Wrap-up post

 Hoi,

So there we have it; the end of the Challenge and the final Wrap-up post are here... Both Arthur and myself are honoured to have been allowed to participate in this august undertaking yet again this year. 

Arthur has asked me to tell you all he really enjoyed taking part and getting such nice and constructive comments to his posts which are truly inspiring. He also says the Holliwood theme was really nice, even though he didn't actually enter any posts for it. He feels that in painting mainly Star Wars Legion figures he did contribute in a small way to the overall theme. The figure he is most proud of must be General Grievous 

 

Another highlight for him is gaining the set amount of points of 100 this Challenge, he hopes to be allowed to enter again next year.

As for me things are a bit less optimistic. Just like last year my Challenge was cut short due to our home renovation. Where last year I had to stop painting for a week or two due to the placing of new windows, this year the entire groundfloor of our home had to be cleared out and into storage due to massive structural works. This not only led to me missing my fixed target of 1000 points, something that hasn't happened in quite some time. Apart from the passing of my Dad and the renovation, work and life  in general just went on and it all really worked on my nerves, I tried to keep up with the Challenge but have to conclude I did fail in that too I would have liked to comment to all your excellent posts a lot more but the energy lacked and I have promised myself I will try to make up for all this next year. Yesterday concrete floors were placed into the house and from now on the building crew can start building up the home again and I will be getting an even better man-cave when all is done. 

This is how it looked before the rebuilding:

 

This was the state of affairs yesterday:

The figures I loved painting the most this Challenge were my Dark Angel Characters (the Lion is comming back!)

 and the Masters of the Universe figures. 

As a final parting I would like to say that we both have loads of new ideas and projects for next year (yes they will involve the Lion, he's back and I have only waited 27 years for his return!) and if Lady Sarah and our Snowlord will be gracious enough to organise the Challenge again next year, we would love to take part again. Thanks to everybody involved, we loved watching all the excellent posts and ideas everybody posted this year a lot. A special thanks goes to our minions Tamsin and Phil, we are much indebted to you both. 

Cheers Sander and Arthur

 



  

 

27 comments:

  1. Well done to you both -- what you perhaps lacked in quantity (relative to your initial hopes) you more than made up for in quality! And it's great to see that the pleasures of this hobby are passing on to a new generation as well. Look forward to joining in with you both again next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both had a great Challenge, despite the various trials and tribulations.
    Sander - it was a pleasure to have you in my Tuesday Terrors. :)
    Arthur - I've enjoyed watching your painting skills develop year after year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, couldn't wish for a better allocation than Tamsin's Terrible Tuesday Thunderlizards! Arthur says he's been inspired to improve by you all!

      Delete
  3. I'll echo Simon: you may not have painted as much as in previous years, but what you have done has been top notch as always. Thanks for all your supporting comments too. And Arthur has really progressed much, your painting is great and I loved your posts! As for my commenting, it really has been my pleasure, or as we say "zeer graag gedaan". I look forward to seeing you both in the next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Martijn, hopelijk brengt het komende jaar ons meer geluk.

      Delete
  4. It was good to see you and Arthur in the lists again, Sander! Arthur has improved very much and did outstanding this year with the Star Wars figures. Your output, although diminished, did not lack in quality either.
    Besides the Lion, your prep pile is probably pretty good to go for the next outing! Hopefully life will be a little less hectic come winter and we can see Arthur and you in the Lists again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, yes the prep pile is just about already done for next year! See you then!

      Delete
  5. It was great seeing you both again this year. Arthur your painting is improving so much each year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had some hard time, but your painting was high quality as usual and next year will be better. All the best for both of you, it was nice to have you aboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hobby is the best medicine for hard times!

      Delete
  7. It's always wonderful to have you two with us in the Challenge. I like the wrap up photos of your work, but must say my favourite is of the two of your amidst your renovation. I'm sure it seems a mess now, but it will be magnificent when completed. Best to you both and see you in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge mess, but it will be grand I am sure. We will be back with a Vengeance next year!

      Delete
  8. Arthur certainly looks to be growing up . The work will be worth it. Life events are always hard , but you grow through them eventually I think . See you both next year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is isn't he? We would love to see Crisis back on it's feet and meet up again.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. cheers Barks and thanks for everything

      Delete
  10. Great teamwork! See you next December!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work both of you, especially with life and "1 to 1 scale" activity going in the background! I thought you would be excited about the return of "The Lion" - hopefully we can have some fun with that in the next edition of The Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on Greg, I see a duel in the making!

      Delete
  12. Great challenge Sander and Arthur, all the best with your renovations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent output for both of you in spite of lifes slings and arrows!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, we will sling it right back!

      Delete
  14. Great work both of you. Good luck with the 1:1 BUA.

    ReplyDelete