Sunday 2 April 2023

From StephenS: Challenge (almost) Completed

 G'day Everyone,

Well that's a wrap for Challenge 13, my eighth, but hopefully not my last, attempt at three months of painting madness.

I fell a little short of my goal (44 points to be exact) which is disappointing, as I felt I got off to a good start. Glorious sunshine filled days constantly lured me away from the painting table with their siren call. Then again, I could be confusing that with the young brood clamouring for attention. However, very happy with the results, especially finally finishing off my Punic Wars project (after chipping away at it for close to ten years)!

Challenge 13


Lame excuses aside, it was in all seriousness a real privilege to be part of the team again, even if I was a little quiet on the comments this year. 

Looking forward to spending the winter months plotting my next plan of attack, before throwing it away for whatever whimsy takes my fancy.

The completed Punic Wars force - 10 years of wishing I'd written down the basing recipe...

Thank you again to Curt and his team of minions, it couldn't happen without your time and goodwill, and it is very much appreciated.

Enjoy the intervening months and hopefully I will see everyone next time!

Cheers,

Steve 


15 comments:

  1. You’ve painted up a fine collection this year, Steve! Congratulations on finishing your Punic Wars project, I liked those very much. Up for your ninth Challenge, see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing a project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you didn't quite make your target you still had a great Challenge, Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painting a whole army during a Challenge, that's quite an achievement. And then all the rest, well done, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you mate - I hope to see some of these at a club night soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great variety Steve and that Punic wars army looks superb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work, Steve! Every painted model is a victory. Although you were shy a squad of space marines from crushing your goal....that is very fine brushwork on what you completed especially the supers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work, Steve! Every painted model is a victory. Although you were shy a squad of space marines from crushing your goal....that is very fine brushwork on what you completed especially the supers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic projects and a total victory to conclude a project after 10 years (I still have some longer unfinished of the table). See you next December

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent brushwork Steve. A great effort!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work Steve! I especially liked your old school Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Stephen the Punic Wars project was my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work on your Punic Wars project!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Challenge Steve, see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. See you next year. Good to see the Punic wars stuff get "finished".

    ReplyDelete