Monday 4 December 2023

The Participant Roster for Challenge XIV!

Hello Challengers!

Below is the 'Brave 86' who will be taking part in Challenge XIV. We have around a dozen new people this year, which is exciting as I always like seeing fresh victims, er, faces in the ranks. 

As to the daily assignments, I've tried to accommodate any special requests, and have grouped our Australian friends under our antipodean Minion Millsy to better adjust for their time differential from CST (i.e. Challenge Snowlord Time).

In a few days I'll be sending out invites to the blog to those who are not already registered as having 'author' status. Also, in a short while I'll be posting a 'How To' package penned by our very own TamsinP. It's a riveting read, and yes, she will be conducting snap quizzes from time to time, so I highly recommend you do you homework and be very vigilant. The alternative is to risk 'undue unpleasantness' by the 'Auditrix-in-Chief'.  :)

- Curt


23 comments:

  1. It's great to see so many new people joining. Remember, You don't have to be mad to join the challenge, that's just a common side effect.
    Seriously though, good luck to everyone, the best three months of the year are about to begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being already mad when joining helps a lot though! 😉

      Delete
  2. Looking good! I seem to have everything to minion, from Arthur to Ray... Nice to have some new faces, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mirth and glee, how auspicious Thor's days posts will be!
      My spouse is correct to suspect, that I am far more excited for start of the painting challenge than for Christmas!

      Delete
    2. Nice to have some Thor's Day returnees, too!

      Delete
    3. Freya's Day is really where its at though :-)

      Delete
  3. Round up the usual suspects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought you were amongst the Blessed Retired and so don't have 'hump days'. :)

      Delete
    2. That explains how he paints so much! I should be in the retired ranks in another 5 years...if I can stand sitting still! ;)

      Delete
  5. Whoop whoop, I'm on Team Saturday, sorry Dallas :D

    To those about to paint, we salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alrighty then, best of luck everyone on reaching your challenge totals. Looking forward to some shaming paint jobs and projects

    Saturday with Dallas! Sounds like a TV show …… I will get my hat

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I get to minion Millsy's submissions? Wow...what could go wrong???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You also get to minion mine... which should be fun given what I'm mostly going to be painting! :)

      Delete
  8. Whoop whoop!! Hope everyone's preparations are going to plan. Really looking forward to being part of the Sunday book club :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good although my total does seem to have doubled?!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you needed the 'challenge', Iain. :P

      Delete
  10. I'm pleased to be one of Millsy's Marsupials, anyone one else from NZ here lumped in with Aussie cousins making up the Anzac contingent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be just you and KentG representing KiwiLand.

      Delete