Monday 1 January 2024

From TeemuL: A couple of adventurers (10 points)

Let's start the new year with the last minis I finished last year. These were finished in the afternoon of the New Year's Eve and they are now ready to conquer some dungeons.


The dwarf on the left is a Dwarf Champion by Grenadier Miniatures from 1987. He has been part of the 3 dwarf blister pack "189 - Dwarf Champions", but since I got this second hand, I'm not sure if I have the other two. He is mainly wearing a fur cloak and beard - and some red gloves.


The mysterious character on the right is a bit more of a mystery, but I have managed to track him at least to the Julie Gutherie's Boxed Set "7001 - Dungeon Party" from Grenadier, stamped 1983 on the bottom. I don't know if he is a man or an elf, ranger, assassin, scout or something else, but he looks good next to the dwarf.

No library section this time, but at least something to get me started on my traditional weekly posts.

2 x 28mm minis for simple 10 points.

 ______________________________

 Nice work on these miniatures from another millennia. They do, indeed, look good together and I am sure some other "archeological discoveries" in your pile of lead are waiting to join the party (or fight the party?). Keep them coming!

Sylvain

 

 

20 comments:

  1. Lovely work Teemu. I think I have that dwarf somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peter. I need to go through my storage and see if I find more of these.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful pair Teemu. I love Julie Guthries work from that period. I like the red gauntlets and axe haft on the Dwarf. They sort of have a Gotrek & Felix vibe to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted some bright colour on him and what would be better than red?

      Delete
  3. Great looking pair of adventures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. Like Curt said, there is a bit of Gotrek and Felix on them.

      Delete
  4. Quality old school minis, very charming

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of Diamonds mate, keep em coming 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving these old school RPG figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. Loving the old school stuff. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I had that dwarf back in the day.. and covered him in far too many layers of enamel paints! This looks miles (km?) better in comparison.. and full of nostalgia! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like that hooded adventurer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff, the old school figures look great

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone, there will be more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work. Seems like every party starts with a dwarf and an elf. I too have a quite a few of the old Grenadier models, solidly preserved in enamel paint, that I someday will rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the old-school adventurers, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great old shop, work here Teemu. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete