Friday 22 March 2024

From DallasE: Checkout Time


Well it's time to checkout of the Challenge Library and take a tally of production over the winter. Mine is (mostly) in the picture above - as usual I did forget to include a few models (the 1:6000 ships!). But here's a few highlights.

The vintage Tom Meier dragon was certainly fun to paint and turned out well I think. Two stray Squats in exo-armour and some Sisters Repentia also visible here.

Lunar was a big focus for painting this Challenge. The models and terrain are really cool but I haven't had a chance to play it yet - hopefully next week!

Another project well underway is the Imperial Romans/Ancient Germans armies for Warhammer Ancient Battles. Good progress made on those but more to do.

Some more Lunar stuff here as well as a couple of ancient Citadel LotR models.

Another project started and finished was the 15mm Blood Drinkers Space Marines force. Pretty fun painting.

My favourite accomplishment of the Challenge though was completing the "Emperor vs. Horus" Mike McVey tribute diorama sculpted by BigMrTong. I really like these models and I'm so happy to have gotten a chance to paint them and put 'em in the cabinet.

Final tally:
32mm infantry            11
32mm vehicles            1
28mm infantry            68.5
28mm cavalry            12
28mm dragons            1
15mm infantry            45
15mm vehicles            5
1:6000 ships                9
Terrain                        quite a bit

The obligatory self-portrait :-)

As I conclude I just want to thank the Snowlord Mr Curt and my fellow minions, as well as all the Challengers for making this Challenge a great one. Thanks especially to my Caturday Challenger crew for making my job pretty easy. 

Lastly, my donation was made to the Friends of the Winnipeg Public Library, a local charity that supports services and activities in our local public library system.

See you at the after-party!

Dallas

14 comments:

  1. Love the Lunar stuff makes me want to do Space 1999 - ie 25 years ago. Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Dallas, the dragon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stuff. The diorama was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Emperor vs Horus is an iconic replica! I really liked your Lunar collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Dallas. Surprisingly I liked your Spam project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful output, both in quantity and quality

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Dallas. So much to like here. I, of course, loved your Horus vs The Emperor piece, but I also was taken by your LUNAR, 15mm 40K and that old school Tom Meier dragon. Also, a huge THANK YOU for serving as our Saturday minion this year. You did a cracking job, my friend! Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dallas for me your tom meier dragon tops off an excellent collection

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to like here, the Lunar stuff was interesting, but the Horus diorama is the natural ace here. Sad that these two pieces shadow the rest, which are quite maginifent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job dude. Was fun minioning alongside you, and for you in this instance as well! Some great projects pumped out here! Until the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 15mm 40K project has me itching to dive in. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Challenge dude, just a lot of wonderful stuff. The dragon, and the Emperor vs. Horus diorama really stand out for me, as does all of the cool "Lunar" submissions.

    Was also great to see your 15mm 30k work kick off...sorry I couldn't join in during the Challenge period, but stay tuned on that front :)

    ReplyDelete