Tuesday 23 December 2014

From ClintB - 20mm SAS Gunner and Zombies (40 Points)

And for my third and final entry this week here are some 20mm figures. 10 in all one WWII Britannia SAS with a Vickers K machine gun. and 9 horde Zombies from the Zombies game.



The single 20mm Britannia SAS figure is the last until about April next year of the LRDG I intend to paint in this challenge simply because I do not own any more. He was an impulse buy as I had never seen a figure using a Vickers K machinegun when not part of a vehicles crew. It might just be enough to deal with a Zombie Horde. All the figure in this post are 20mm but he is a little shorter than the ZEDS.



These are the soft plastic zombies from the "Zombie !!" board game. Which is why they are all the same pose. Given that I Have had 100 of these to do (about 25 still left to do) it has been essential that I paint these very quickly and hence messily! Then loads of blood over the top for that just feasted glow! They really are not well painted and I could if I choose do a much better job but at this stage I just want them done and when all of them are on the table coming towards you, you just do not pick out details at all, just the mass effect. I do intend to use these in my next play-by-blog game unfortunately all the places are full and I am not taking any more players at this stage. And yes they are deliberately on desert bases!


From Curt:
Those are some pretty gross zombies Clint, ewww! I have the 'Zombie' game and the figures are quite soft. How did you prep them for painting?  White glue emulsion? The Vickers K gunner will be a nice add to your desert collection. As you say, you often don't see dismounted SAS figures using the K - very cool (or hot, hot, hot in the case of this fellow's hands). Good job.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah I did go overboard on the blood. Thanks Alex

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not my brains I aint got any. Thanks Adam

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. No Tams I rushed them and it clearly shows. Acceptable for a horde but only just. Cheers Mate

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah I know Ray. Back to historicals for a while I think.

      Delete
  5. Grim stuff! The zeds look they are after a handout :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah mate I stuffed up. Still can't be helped now. Cheers Millsey.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sorry Kiwi I appreciate the comment but know I can do so much better.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. As a member of the Zombie Bloggers Association Zees had to be done sooner or later. Thanks Chris.

      Delete
  8. Great zombies , Clint! Your LRRP Brit is my favorite, he seems to be in a spot of bother though! Hopefully his buddies are close by! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't often see an LRDP trooper with a Vickers K so for 50p it was a must buy.
      Thanks David.

      Delete
  9. Curt. The figures were prepped with PVA white wood glue (Resin "W") diluted with water and a good acrylic undercoat was sprayed on.

    Once again my mistake mate, one I have no intention of repeating. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a Right bloody horde.. ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave I think I went overboard with the red stuff! Opps.

      Delete
  11. Colourfully varied and bloody. As you say, when seen as a horde then the paint job will serve its purpose, but there's still the tasks of colour coordinating and pepping yourself up to work on the models. Those two things are hard enough, I find. 40 points well deserved.

    ReplyDelete