Sunday 25 December 2016

From StephenS - The Hogfather (5 points)

It's great to be back as part of the challenge and considering the season, it's perhaps fitting to kick off with this figure. I present Death as the Hogfather, from the book Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.

I fell in love with Terry Pratchett's books over 20 years ago, but this is the first time I've managed to drag any of his characters into my hobby.



















The figure is from Micro Art Studio in Poland, and the casting was superb. It is in 28 mm scale but definitely on the larger, heroic side. This miniature was painted up as a gift, but I will definitely be getting some more from them in the near future. The resin base it sits on is also from Micro Arts Studio.



















You will have to excuse the quality of the photos, but it's almost time for Santa to visit!

It's good to get off the mark!

Cheers,

Steve


"Some things are fairly obvious when it's a seven-foot skeleton with a scythe telling you them"

- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

____________________________

Lovely figure Steve and very apropos for the day.  I've not read the book but this figure oozes character. I especially like the red of his cloak, his rather goulish skintone and his unsettling blue eyes. Not somebody I'd want to be coming down my chimney!

Welcome back Steve!

17 comments:

  1. You've done him up a treat! And so long as you have a brandy and a meat pie on the mantlepiece and are kind to cats, you have nothing to fear from Death! Non Timetis Messor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a Pratchet fan, but I am a fan of good painting. And this is well painted. Bravo sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine starter you have supplied. I think this ones now my favourite submission so far. As Curt said that red is really good.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grand figure, beautifully painted! A lovely tribute to the wonderful work of the late Sir Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool figure and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice,Steve! That is a lovely vibrant red on the coat and the shading came out very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful figure. The red on the Santa cloak is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fine seasonal figure Stephen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spooky! Nice job on the red robe.

    ReplyDelete