Saturday 18 February 2017

From ByronM - Epic 30k Drop Pods and Troops

I know last week after meeting my goal for the challenge I said I was going to work more on individual figures at character and high level painting rather than more rank and file stuff.  Well, as is typical in this hobby, the squirrel syndrome raised its bushy tail and I got distracted with new stuff.  When visiting our overlord Curt two weeks ago, he kindly printed off some drop pods for me on his shiny new 3d printer.  I have printed some in the past, but at this small scale the resolution of mine is not really good enough, so Curt kindly made some replacements for me.


So, I figured I should get them done and add them to my Epic 30k army, here is a close up of them.
 Also at about the same time I got in some Mark IV jump pack assault marines and a strip of command figures to do up a command stand.


They were done fairly quickly just to get them done as they are likely to be pulled off the table pretty quickly!  And I do need to go back and paint in the numbers at some point on the shoulderpads, but I had a headache most of this week and just could not focus on tiny numbers without making it worse, so just left them for now.

I now have a pretty substantial Epic 30k force so now it is time to start getting some games in!


Great work on these Byron.  Curt is like a school kid with a new puppy with that 3-D printer so I'm glad that you given him an excuse to extrude something with it.

You're well out of my comfort zone on both 6mm and 30K, but the overall effect looks great.  Like the basing on the foot figures.  I agree with your tally 80x 6mm inf = 40 points plus 8x 6mm vehicles = 16 points equals a total of 56 points.


16 comments:

  1. Those drop pod prints turned out pretty well, especially with your expert brushwork - bravo! I particularly like the Assault Marines with their whacky looking jump packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Curtis extrusions ... pass the mind bleach...

    A fine looking force Byron..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! Really nice work on these little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking pods! The 3D printing is a real asset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cracking entry! The green and white are great colours together. The custom drop pods are, ahem, epic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's pretty amazing what those 3d printers are able to do! Well done on these little guys Byron!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Byron - looking forward to a game with these fellows soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning stuff! I am currently painting 3D printed stuff myself so I know how cool it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff!! The bright green and yellow details makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those drop pods look grand, Byron! Painting numbers on the shoulder pads!? Are you that fellow who painted a Legion of the damned Marine in the 90's and labeled the base? Said marine in epic and featured in a white dwarf eavy metal article! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fine work Byron! They definitely do look the part.

    ReplyDelete