Tuesday 6 February 2018

From: MartinC - Loads of ACW and Other Stuff (475 points)

I'm playing ACW in 28mm shortly so I needed to paint up by remaining figures. I have tried with a couple of regiments but they are awful figs and a bugger to paint so I stopped them and may return to them later. I did have loads of others though


These are a mix of Perry plastics and Dixons that I bought in a junk shop for about 25p each. 


There are 3 full regiments and 1 regiment missing a command stand - 76 figures


Next up another of the Hasslefree hot chicks in fur figures


The ice is a sheet of mica and nearly works


Finally some Picts. These are Newline, cheap but basic.


The command figures are better

Damage done

83 28mm infantry - 415 pts
6 28mm cavalry - 60 pts

That's 475 pts. Off to paint some more ACW

Hoi Martin, what a fabulous collection of figures! All equally brilliant, if I was asked to name a favourite it would be the ACW figures. You have really managed to capture the atmosphere of the conflict with these figures. Using mica as ice-sheeting is an inspired trick I have not heard of before and I will look into for sure. The lady does look the part on it if a tad cold with just that fur-coat to protect her from the elements. The Picts are great with some nice plaids to finish this post. All in all some brilliant stuff!


15 comments:

  1. Great work Martin. It would seem we have a lot of mica around here the Canadian prairies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely stuff it is too, very icy. Cheap from geological supplies, cuts well, should have put it on the base first.

      Delete
  2. Getting back in the groove nicely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tremendous points bomb, there, Martin!! Well done. I love the Picts with their painted shields. I well remember doing mine and thinking what a nightmare the spears were to glue in the single hand! I do like the Hasslefree maiden - brilliant work with the basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, I shall rephoto them all and repost. speats and hands, don't get me started

      Delete
  4. Great bomb Martin, a true variety. Love the basing with the ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. ice is great, more forward planning needed

      Delete
  5. Really nice ACW and picts, I quite like newline, not too fancy!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, newline good solid wargames figures, really cheap. like all manufacturers occasionally poor.

      Delete
  6. That mica idea is clever, I haven’t seen that before.

    ReplyDelete