Tuesday 29 January 2019

From RayR - Donnybrook: 25mm Jacobite Artillery & defenses (70 Points)


Firstly, thank you to all you lovely lot out there who voted me into second place in the "Sport" bonus round. I had a lot of fun creating the figures and have been asked what rules I plan to use to play Lacrosse with them. I don't know how to play Lacrosse, never mind make rules up for them!!!

Another week has passed and I've been very busy with the brush!


I've stayed with the Jacobite Highlanders again this week, but have gone for the simpler form of artillery.


All the Highlander figures are like the Horse in my last post from Reiver Castings, while the artillery is from Parkfield Miniatures and Wargames Foundry.


There are 7 x artillerymen


And 2 guns


Also, there are a few packs of Trade Goods from Crooked Dice that can be used as hastily built barricades or defences.


Not sure what points they're worth Lee?


7 x 25mm  35 points
2 x artillery 15 points??? (Should be 10 points each, but one's a tiddler?)
5 x various trade goods ?????




Nice one Ray, I like a bit o artillery. I'm feeling generous today so I'm awarding 10 points each for the guns, even though one is small. Its a 'crew served weapon' regardless of its size!. As for the various trade goods do I treat them as elements or as terrain?? In the end, I've gone with the former and I've awarded 4 pts each for the large elements, 3 for the medium one and 2 pts each for the small elements giving you 15 points in total for this assortment of baggage/terrain. That brings your total up to 70 Points.
Lee

35 comments:

  1. Nice mixed bag of goodies there Ray 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Ray.
    I love those barricades...would look good in a FPW setting too, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty cool eh? They could be used for any period from Medieval up.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Greg, love the barricades. Question, have you had many Donneybrook games? How do you find the rules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've only had one proper game, click the link below to see it. But I've had loads of solo test games. They are a very simple but extremely effective set of rules. I was writing my own set of rules for the FIW, I wanted a semi skirmish set, but mine soon ended up in the bin after reading Donnybrook. The rules can easily be adapted to any period of history, after all they were first written as a Colonial Africa set of rules.

      Delete
  4. Fine work, that's a very big barricade for such a tiny ass gun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need all the protection they can get Martin.

      Delete
    2. https://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/2016/06/broadside-2016-donnybrook-teviots-last.html

      Delete
  5. Great barricades. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking work Ray, love that frame gun. And those barricades could serve in many wars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice Donnybrook entry - great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great! Congrats on the second place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff. Remember, it's not the size of your artillery piece that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Ray, especially like the accompanying paraphernalia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely looking barricades and guns!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on the artillery and barricades

    ReplyDelete