Tuesday 29 January 2019

JamesM - 15mm D7 Armoured Bulldozer (10 points)

Hi folks,

Having been distracted this week by prepping for a big game and re-vamping an Anti-Tank platoon I first painted 5 or so years ago, I did manage to get one model painted:


This is the second one of these I've painted for my collection. The first was also done a few years ago and was significantly darker, so I gave it another highlight as well:


As the older one was marked up for one of the Assault Engineer units of 79th Armoured Division, (149th Assault Park Squadron Royal Engineers - one of the Brigade assets of 1st Assault Brigade Royal Engineers), I marked the new one up as the Royal Engineers 239 Field Park Company, 51st Highland Division. You can see what time does to static grass, and how my painting has got a lot lighter over the years!

Decals include the WD number on both sides of the hull, as well as identification stars.




The model is from Skytrex, and includes the 15mm crew figure I painted the other week with my naval crew but didn't claim points for. He's just the upper torso, so I've only claimed half the points.

This model has already seen some action, having participated in Sunday's v4 Flames of War game - doing some ad-hoc earthworks to help vehicles over an embankment!

So 1 x 15mm vehicle = 8 points, and .5 of a crew figure = 1 point. Total of 9 points. It may take me some time to get to 750!!!



Nice dozer. I have seen one of these running at a Living history show and they are a really hardy piece of kit. The guy that owned it said they were easy to maintain and solidly built meaning they just go on and on. I've scored full points for the driver so this entry is worth 10 points in total. 
Lee

19 comments:

  1. What an excellent lump of dozerness. Well done James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unusual vehicle nicely presented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful and nicely done dozer James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't often see one of those bad boys, never mind two. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job James ... it was good to see it put to work on Sunday too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dozer! I really love the attention you pay to such ‚lowly‘ support assets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an impressive piece of earthmoving equipment, James!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking paint jobs on the two dozers. It's interesting to look back and see how our painting has changed over time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An excellent addition to your ever-growing army!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these dozers and you've done a great job on this one, lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the kind remarks folks! The type of games we play (MartinC, DaveD and others) lend themselves to using such support units. Which helps a lot when it comes to making decisions about building and painting unusual support units. Plus I'm a little obsessed with having the correct unit markings, even if that means having duplicates!

    ReplyDelete