Tuesday 29 January 2019

From TamsinP - 15mm Ming Rocketeers (50 points)



I was a little bit worried that I wouldn't get these submitted for this week. Not because of the 'flu, although I am still suffering the after-effects of that. The reason I was worried was that on Thursday morning, a phone engineer doing some work at the exchange managed to disconnect my line and then hook me back up to a different phone line (thereby knocking out my broadband).

Engineers assigned to correct the problem on Friday and Saturday failed to do anything. OK, the Friday engineer did manage to do something - he disconnected me from the wrong line, leaving me with no landline at all.

Fortunately, the third engineer they sent out on Monday morning managed to get me back online.

Anyhoo, enough about my trials and tribulations - on with the post.










The multi-figure bases will be representing light rocket artillery; the singles will be markers for regimental artillery.

These figures are all 15mm Grumpy Miniatures from Eureka.

For scoring: 24 x 15mm foot @ 2 = 48 points.

Just a small entry this week whilst I recover from 'flu. You can expect a bit more next week.



Stunning work Tamsin, these are so crisp and well painted I thought they were 28mm at first, then I remembered your the queen of 15mil. Near miss with the broadband line, I'm glad you got it sorted eventually. I went 48 hours without internet last year and it nearly broke me. 

I'm going to throw in a couple of extra points for these because I'm so impressed with the quality of these (and the pretty patterns you made with the basing). 50 Points in total m'lady. 
Lee

20 comments:

  1. Excellent work on these little chaps, they must have been bonkers to use these weapons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The third engineer they sent out Monday morning..." oh wow, such incompetence...

    Great work Tamsin. As Jamie mentioned, those weapons seem a touch bananas. Almost something they might use in 40k...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that if you swap out the word 'engineer' with 'asshat' when reading this then then the whole situation makes much more sense...

    What a mad looking unit, Tamsin. Love em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice but I'm glad I don't have to be a rocketeer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on these 15s Tamsin. I suggest that your phone engineers should be assigned to the Ming rocket corps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're through the 'flu soon. I love the way your different photos make these figs look like a formation dance team! (Obviously, the military two-step).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff once again Tamsin - may I suggest that the 'engineers' volunteer themselves for some rocket testing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful additions to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great unit - you'd have to be brave to operate those! Top work, Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! What a crazy weapon. No OHS for them. LOL Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very nice, love they way you based them too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun looking unit, though at first glance I thought you had painted the Ming Army Accordion Band. Come to think of it, I'm not sure which would be more terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely looking rocketeers! Mad as hatters, love it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm curious to see these in action!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great rocketeers. We've had similar tribulations recently. an engineer connecting a neighbours cable disconnected ours and we were tethering to the mobile phones for a few days while it got fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite an original entry here and very well painted

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Lee - thanks! "Queen of 15mil" - I like it! :)

    @ Fran - cheers, m'dear! :)

    @ Jamie M - thanks! They probably were a bit bonkers :)

    @ Greg - yup, incompetence of the highest order. And cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks! They might seem mad, but were apparently quite effective :)
    As for the "asshats", yup, less said the better ;)

    @ Martin - cheers! Me too! :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! Personally, I'd assign them to the rocket corps' latrine detail ;)

    @ Noel - cheers! Formation dance troupe? Hmmm, I see what you mean! ;)

    @ Peter A - thanks! Good idea! :)

    @ Nick - thanks! :)

    @ Iannick - cheers! :)

    @ Evan - thanks! :)

    @ Brendon - cheers! Crazy weapons, crazy guys! :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Stuart - cheers! Accordions would probably scare the enemy more than the rockets! ;)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    @ Barks - so am I! :)

    @ Paul SS - cheers! No cut cables, just an engineer being a twit :)

    @ Benito - thanks! :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)
    @

    ReplyDelete