Tuesday 29 January 2019

From PeterA - 2nd Post - A Norwegian Leopard and some Modern Brits (60 Points)

For my second entry today I have some figures for my Cold War in Norway project, inspired by the TV series 'Occupied'.

This is set sometime in the late '80s/early '90s, a time when the Norwegians were equipped with the Leopard 1A3. Although this Revell kit is of the Leopard 1A5 I am quite happy keeping my inner rivet- counter suppressed, especially when it came in a kit with a Leopard bridge layer at a 50% discount! I see this big cat as part of the Norwegian brigade North, fighting in deep snow, so unlike my Challenger, I avoided the pigments and just went for snow effects in the running gear and in places on the hull.




To finish off, I have completed a second section of British infantry, as well as a 3-man platoon command element (the rest of the HQ and the third section are still in the painting queue). Like the first section, they are in a mix of DPM and snow coveralls and are all from Liberation Miniatures.

HQ element


Fireteam A 


Fireteam B 


All together 

So 11 figures and 1 tank in 20mm should net me 59 points, to go with the 80 for my Bolsheviks, making a grand total of 139 points to add to my total, which is nearly half-way to my Challenge target. It's now time to focus on getting my entry together for the 'Mercenary' Bonus Theme for Saturday - maybe I'll actually make it this time!



Another splendid entry Peter. I'm blown away by that Leopard Tank, I really love the camo pattern and the weathering effect you have employed. No rivet counter here so I don't have a problem using a very similar tank to represent another (heresy to some, I know). Sometimes you just have to paint what you've got and hope no-one notices! I'm throwing in an extra point for the camo bringing this entry up to 60 Points. 
Lee

32 comments:

  1. Thanks Lee - I am pretty pleased with the Leopard camo - it was a bit painstaking to do but I think the final effect makes it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Peter. I just love the look of the Leopard series of tanks - lovely, menacing lines, great stuff.

    This project has been one of the great surprises of the Challenge this year, very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg. I do like the Leopards; unfortunately the 2A5 & 2A6 are too late for this project, as they are seriously cool! And thanks for the encouraging comment re the project itself - most kind

      Delete
  3. Nice work on the winter camo Peter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent Leopard! That camo is the dog's proverbials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on both the tank and the infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been enjoying this project Peter, it’s kind of Narvik revisited. Great work in the big cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Peter - glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  7. Really nice work! Love the camo on the Tank. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tank, great work all round Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel cold just looking at them, great job 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking leopard tank!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work on the Leopard and those infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on the tank, Peter!
    That is definitely a winter camouflage job, but I really like the troops as it is dreadfully accurate for how supply works as well as the individual troop deciding, "feh, my woodland parka is way warmer!" ;)

    ReplyDelete