Thursday 17 January 2019

THURS - From NickJ - It's a Kind of Magic (5 points)

Once Upon a Queen Song that's now stuck in your head... there can be only One!

Just a small post this Thursday as that annoying Real Life (tm) doohickey got involved this last week and decided to rain all over my painting plans! And next week work have determined that I need to be in Belgium and British Airways really don't seem happy about the idea of me taking hobby materials with me.

Right. On with the post!

For the first Bonus Round I presented my Purple Crows which is an Endless Spell in the world of Age of Sigmar. Now in order to cast an Endless Spell you need someone who likes playing with fire. For the Beasts of Chaos this is a Bray-Shaman.

So here then is the first of my Magic Wielders for the Beasts
 

He's basically the same colour scheme of Purple, Grey and Blue as all my other Beasts, however, I decided that as a Leader he would have a couple of different colours to signify his status - or to warn other Beasts to stand clear.

His cloak is a mix of earthy colours with Brown for the hood and Green for the main cloak.
 

Since he has a patchwork effect on the cloak I opted for a couple of blue panels just to add a little panache.


I'm sure you might have noticed the glowy stick? This is born from a desire to try out the new GW "ghost" paints and to show that he is channeling something through the stick that glows in the dark.

I wanted to show the glow spreading as he builds the power hence why the noose and skulls are only partly painted as it travels down the staff. I'll call it a staff now as he gets upset when I call it a stick!

That's a nice 5 points banked hopefully. Take that Evil Empire Duelists! :-)

Nick

                                                      

Lovely beast man with a shiny stick! I like his cloak and the fact you haven't made all the (sorry!) Staff (much better!) Shiny!
You are of course quite correct 5 points it is!
All the best Iain

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Nick. The glow stick - sorry magic staff - came out very nicely. I like the very purposeful stride to the figure too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paintwork, very eerie. I can just picture him striding out of the fog, a herd of warriors behind him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit me with your rhythm stick, er, staff. I also like his ripped cloak and the graduated power effect on the skulls. Groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glowing stick/staff/directional aid is fantastic, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One model only but worth showing! You achieved a nice result in the glowing staff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done! Really like your work on his cloak.

    ReplyDelete