Friday 8 February 2019

From BrettM: Some Pirates and a lumberjack (65 points)

Several Minis ready for this week. First one is a random lumberjack mini I bought from Reaper years ago.
Fast and easy paint job on this guy.
 Not sure if I will ever use him in a game.
 Bought into Blood and plunder several years ago at Adepticon. Finally got around to getting them painted up.
 At first I really didnt know what to paint them with color wise. Should I go with a scheme for each country? Or just go with whatever I felt like.
 I realized I doubt I will just play Blood and Plunder with these minis. I can use them for lots of different games as well. So went with the whatever colors felt right.

 These guys are the English Milita. So I did try to keep them with some colors showing England. Mainly the Red. 
 Still finishing up the English set. I have a captain and of course I jumped in on their last kickstarter so I have more for the English faction from that as well. Not to mention French and the Native range they have, as well as boats. Far Far away from getting all the pirates painted up.
13 figures at 28mm for a total of 65 points.

__________________________________________________________________

Y'arrrrrrrrrr! Ye've done a nice swab paintjob on th' Reaper lumberjack. Simple, but well done. Ye might reckon about gettin' into Ole West gamin'. He'd be th' nice start t' a woodcuttin' party t' support a fort or homestead.

I be personally nah a fan o' th' Blood 'n Plunder minatures; I reckon they look too spindly. But ye've done a great job on these. I like th' neutral colors, especially th' various grays 'n terracottas.

Avast haulin' 'n splice th' main brace fer 65 points, every scallywag jack o' them!

11 comments:

  1. Nice looking minis Brett. I really like the poses on your pirates/milita group, especially nice to see the priming poses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on the Pirates and that lumberjack he's OKAY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figures. I really like the Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, that lumberjack would make a great Paul Bunyan statue for a 6mm game

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Brett, especially with those militia - a smart red coat makes the most bucolic of recruits look soldierly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mix of poses and a lovely finish on them all!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pirates are great but that whacky lumberjack made me hum the lumberjack song all day now...

    ReplyDelete