Thursday 7 February 2019

From NoelW for Thursday: There’s tharsands of ‘em (205 points)


I’ve presented a couple of long posts recently, so I thought it was better this week if I submitted separate posts, as seems to be good practice for many. This first post is the largest, in terms of points.

In last year’s Challenge I painted a large number of Zulus, mainly Warlord figures, which are fair enough in their way, but didn’t really excite me. Then the Perrys released their own zulu plastics, which are truly beautiful sculpts, and offer a huge range of poses and possibilities, too. So I bought several boxes, and this post delivers almost the last of them, except for a few of the casualty figures, which I may never bother with, because there are more than enough of those in this post. I’d saved most of these, and the firing figures, till the end as I’ve been building up several regiments. The assegai-armed figures here are supplements to two existing regiments, both married regiments: white shields and red and white shields. Both could belong to different regiments, so there’s some flexibility here.

Firstly, red and white shields:


Now, white shields:


One of these I built as a scout, which illustrates the versatility of this set:


Firing figures and casualties who, in an inversion of history, seem to be defending Rorke's Drift:


And the lot:


That’s 41 figures, so 205 points. And another squirrel.

                                                           

Terribly impressive,these look great, and more posts yet to come! 
Both Toby and I entirely agree with your estimate so 205 points it is!

All the best Iain

10 comments: