Tuesday 24 March 2020

From Iain W: Challenge X Summing It Up

My aim going into this year's challenge was to paint a number of forces for Dux Bellorum,  I've painted 160 x 28mm figures for Dux so that's a success in my  book!

I also got past my (admittedly relatively low!) total which is also good, started a new army which is always a good thing (Early Imperial Roman), isn't it? Started a planned new army, Irish/ Flodden  Highlanders

Painted some GW figures for the first time in decades ( and actually really enjoyed doing it!)
Challenge island didn't figure prominently in my planning so I came to it late but it got me working on figures I probably wouldn't have got to otherwise and seemed to work better than the weekend bonus rounds ( I've still got figures prepped for lost bonus rounds of the past!)

Please excuse painting hoodie (outside  decorating now the good weather is here ). Toby is back, we're both a bit greyer around the muzzle! 

So I've had a really good challenge and enjoyed commenting on all the posts, there has been a super range of posts, scales, periods and interesting stories! Thanks to Curt, Sarah and all the minions it's been great!

All the best 
Iain 

26 comments:

  1. Iain
    great challenge from you. thanks for all the comments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin! Always happy to comment on your posts!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. That's a great pic of you, your glorious minis and Toby. I very much appreciate that you took the time to comment on ALL the submissions. That was no small effort in of itself. AND you also started a few new armies. That sounds like a pretty brilliant Challenge to me. Well done Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! Its been a great challenge for me ,thanks a lot!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. That looks like quite a focused painting Iain, not butterflying here and there! And thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes surprisingly focused challenge this year!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Lovely stuff Iain! I liked your Romans. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Tamsin! Very kind of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Great work Iain. Good luck with the Renovations. I really appreciated your comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! Yes less time painting fig8than ever,wtf!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Thank you for a great example of how to work on projects. all the miniatures were magnificent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Alex! Doesn't usually happen!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. An impressive level of focus, congratulations on your newly painted Dux Bellorum forces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely assortment of Dux Bellorum figs there, Iain - you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iain that's one heck of a nice output and I did enjoy all your entries. What we also appreciated a lot are all your incredibly nice and constructive comments. Thanks heaps mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander! You gave me lots to comment on!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  10. What a wonderfully focussed output! Always good to actually get done what you planned to. And excellent work on all the commenting, helpful comments make the AHPC what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! Makes a change to get things done, nice change!
      Best Iain

      Delete