Thursday 26 March 2020

From KenR : Challenge X Round Up - Tankfest 2020


Welcome to the final output shot for Challenge X and as promised it's a bit of a tank fest, not as big a tank fest as I had planned but a tank fest all the same.


There are some 28mm German Tanks for 1941 desert action and a big load of 15mm Kursk Russians and Germans which didn't get touched due to the production delay of flakegate, but now I can bore you all to death with them in the Quarantine Challenge 😂


I only managed one non-tank unit and the Challenge entry fee figure (off in the post to it's new owner soon).


The Italian Job


The Caunter odds and sods


The clean cut Crusaders


A Regiment of Stuart's.

Thanks again to Curt for another wonderful challenge, thanks to everyone who took time to leave kind comments and encouragement during the last three months. As for Blitzkrieg Miniatures well hmmm....... nuff said.

25 comments:

  1. Wow. Ken, when you have all your Challenge X tanks arrayed like this it really is very, very impressive. They look absolutely tremendous. Well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Curt, shame there wasn't more, thanks again for organising this wonderful event 👍

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely tanks Ken, and some Italian Wars too. Shame about flakegate - we could have had even more great entries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, should have something for the Quarantine Challenge though, every cloud 👍

      Delete
  3. Impressed by tha amount of tanks! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that’s a mini Bovington you’ve got there a Ken, amazing output. One of my fave projects of this years Challenge. You are of course quite certifiable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken, I love your tank pics, especially since you always make such an effort in the set dressing department. I know I keep saying this, but the terrain and scenery works to really set off all that terrific armour.

    You weathered #Flakegate with commendable skill - well done all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Evan, the background is the Battle of Brandywine 1777, I think the tanks would have swung it the Brits way 😁

      Delete
    2. That would be an awesome counterfactual history!

      Delete
  6. Your armoured corps is a sight to behold. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive, the Itallians were great but I especially loved the "caunter odds & sods": some types you don't see all that often on the table and very well painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, I'm getting very used to painting Caunter 😁

      Delete
  8. Your photo's remind me of the pre-D-Day shots of the embarkation ports; gobsmacking Ken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks it reminds me of a dodgy second hand car sales lot 😂

      Delete
  9. Awesome tank fest! Lovely all round!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realise you painted that many tanks Ken! Very well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, neither did I until I put them out 👍

      Delete
  11. it was a great job! Now I know how to paint tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I shy away from 28mm vehicles, and your output here astounds me. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shame I had flakegate or it would have been a lot more 😂

    ReplyDelete