Monday 10 January 2022

from BradS Soviet Invasion of Klendathu [Klendathu][150 points]

Soviet Invasion of Klendathu! 

This week my Soviet Army is gaining momentum and I have decided to invade Klendathu! And as with any real Soviet Invasion I am sure it will go very wrong very quickly. 




Soviet Infantry

Here are the next 6 infantry from my pile of 28mm Under Fire Miniatures figures. These cold war troopers are the backbone of my Soviet force I am building. I am driving hard to have enough vehicles, figures and terrain to put on a game in the near future. Don’t be surprised if you see more Soviets next week. 





Soviet Vehicles

As you can guess, my Soviet infantry isn't going anywhere without their trusty vehicles. This week I have focused on more T-64 tanks and BMP-1 vehicles. It is easier to batch paint these then it is to do them one at a time. It takes a while to complete them but it is soooo worth it! 





Kleinhaus - German post war housing

In my research from Cold War terrain to grace my gameboard, I found that the Kleinhaus was a prominent feature in the German landscape during the Cold War time period. After the war there was a housing boom where a lot of these simple yet elegant homes were built. I imagine a Cold War battle among these types of structures so I had to make one. This is my first attempt at a custom building. I designed this and had it laser cut for me. I think it turned out nice and I plan on doing a lot more.


Game Plan

For some inspiration, I put together a game board layout to see how everything looks all together. Not a real game yet but certainly  getting to the point I can put one on. If anyone is interested in joining I live in Kansas City USA.



Points:


6 x 28mm Soviet Infantry = 30 points


4 x 28mm Soviet Vehicles = 80 points


1 x House = 20 points


1 x Klendathu : Invasion gone wrong = 20 bonus points


Total: 150 points


Well I'd be worried if Mother Russia sent these guys my way! Lovely Cold War Soviets Brad. Really like the AFVs. Does anyone else have a hard time saying BMP with out sounding like Inspecteur Clouseau? I also treally like the neat and tidy little house - was it East or West German?


17 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this project. Brilliant work Brad. I especially admire that nice little house you designed, 'kleinhaus' indeed! Great last pic of the tabletop too. Where did you source the tarmac road as I'd really like something similar to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curt, I purchased a roll of thin cork from a big chain hobby store. Then I cut a long piece off the roll. Next I painted it black with a sponge. Then I sponged on some dark grey. Finally I masked off the two lines and just used the sponge with white paint to finish it off. It was easy to do and looked good on the table. I should do a quick tutorial about it.

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed.

    Care to share the paint mix you used for the Soviet vehicles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert, I am working on a how to guide for all the details but the actual paint I used was Ammo of Mig Russian Dark Base then Russian Base and some highlights with Russian Light Base. Ammo by Mig has a set just for this: Russian 4BO Modulation Set.

      Delete
  3. Good looking Soviets, pretty house and a very nice board. Well done Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great work Brad and I must find some of those Kleinhause for my 10mm Cold War project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic results here - love the vehicles and infantry are great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your game board looks very inviting! I foresee many hours spent here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done! The armour looks ace as do the troops, but I really dig the Kleinhaus. Funny thing as I'm living in a street with a few of those...

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving those Brad, really great'

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful brushwork Brad, especially on the armour. And your table looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking Soviets, infantry and armour and the kleinhaus is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking Soviets, some really nice models. Brings back memories of the 1980s and Germany 👍

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete