Friday 6 January 2023

From Caleb: Barons War Outlaws Under Construction (80 points)

Hey folks,

At last its my first post for the challenge! I decided I would kick things off with some low hanging fruit by finishing up some medieval figures for the Under Construction studio. I've been bounce back and forth for quite a bit trying to setting in what greens to use, and in the end went with a mix of what all I tested. The result feels both realistic and campy at the same time which is a sweet spot for me. 


Here are a few close ups as well!

    Group 1





Group 2




Group 3




All figures are footsore, and I really like the game I painted on "The Poacher"



Hope everyone has a good weekend, Cheers!


Minion Phil - Hey Caleb, welcome to the Challenge and happy new year! Delighted that another from the Lard America crew has joined in on the challenge, I know I go on about a bit. You have some great projects lined up for the winter. Lovely work on these Paul Hicks-sculpted outlaws, your green and brown tones are just the right amount of irregular, while still looking coherent on the tabletop. The pheasants on the poacher mini are a nice touch, and just the right green :-)

If possible, it would be good to get some more light facing the minis for the photos, they look a bit toplit and you may be losing some of the splendor of the paintjob in the shadows. 

12 lovely 28mm miniatures and a location bonus is a tidy 80 points to start your tally. 


12 comments:

  1. Those models are very nice, and the paint job is excellent! I have to agree with Phil, the browns and greens look great on them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace looking group of outlaws. The non-uniform uniforms fit the irregular nature of the minis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, welcome to the Challenge, Caleb!

    These outlaws look smashing! As Phil says, the mottled earth tone colours are bang-on and I love how you've picked out the poached game on one of the archers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard Caleb. Great work on these bandits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, really like those

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some goodlooking group! Welcome to the Challenge, Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Caleb, nice job on a set of lovely figures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking buncj of outlaws!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Tempting me to look harder at the system

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those figures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete