Sunday 26 March 2023

From BenitoV: The Challenge Wrap up

My warmest thanks to everybody making the Challenge such a fun competition: Curt and Sarah for organizing year after year; Sidney for putting out the idea of the Studio, the minions, and specially Tamsin, for taking care of the posts; the rest of the Challengers for sharing your master pieces and leaving comments.

This edition is the first in years where I reached my target score. And probably I should thank Tamsin for it: being part of the Tuesday Terrors is a major responsibility, as you don't want to fail your team mates ... or get Tamsin disappointed... as the say in Spain goes, Tamsin wears s a silk glove hiding an iron fist... she knows how to be persuasive enough.

As for my output, quite happy with the results. I wasn't planning for any specific project but at the end of the day I focused in a narrow number of projects, making significant progress with my Saga warbands...

... completing (yes, finalised!) an early war Fallschirmajager unit...


...starting a motorized German early war unit...

and breaking the monotony of painting field grey with some LoTR very old ane venerable models  plus some bits and bobs to mainly earn some bonus points.

The other relevant item this year was the opportunity to meet Alan and his partner in my home town, Madrid. As I said in the post  related to the visit, I love this hobby for the ability to bring people together from very different parts of the world, no matter the language or the cultural barriers.

 

Time now to take a break from the brushes and the paints. I will invest my hobby time mainly in playing. And no better selfie to say farewell (or "hasta pronto") to all, that me at Club Dragon in Madrid this same morning, where I was playing a game of Romans vs Seluecids with my new favourite board wargame SPQR. 


Have a wonderful rest of the year and hope to see around next December!

 

33 comments:

  1. You had a great Challenge, Benito. I especially liked the German motorcycle recon unit. I also very much appreciated the time you took to give encouraging comments on people's entries. It really is helpful and makes a difference. Cheers mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt. Each year's Challenge is better than the previous editon, no exception in this 13th edition

      Delete
  2. Nice work Benito - always love your WW2 stuff. See you next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on a great challenge and for demonstrating the spirit of the challenge in person as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best or one of the best parts of the Challenge this year

      Delete
  4. Great work as always Benito and really enjoyed hearing about and seeing your encounters IRL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red carpet treatment to any Challenger visiting Madrid.

      Delete
  5. Good looking output for the Challenge, Benito! See you in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the insight about Finland! Now I can prepare my cruise to the Nordic Countries witrh a solid base

      Delete
  6. Great work Benito, and thank you for the encouragement and support - to me, and to others. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your WW2 stuff Benito! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well, Benito, and I'm happy to hear that my gentle remonstrations inspired you to your best total to date! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much indeed for curating my posts. I have reallyh enjoyed this year being part of your crew.

      Delete
  9. Great collection of figures, Benito. I like the WW2 minis, especially the Kradschützen. See you in December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a very fine Challenge, Benito! I especially liked your Saga stuff, but your painting is always amazing. I also very much appreciated your supportive comments. See you in the next Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great effort Benito. Like Curt said, the motercycle and sidecar were superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. On my side, very impressed with your vey tiny models and bases this year

      Delete
  12. 👌 excellent as always Benito!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splendid work, Benito! I liked your saga troops, but it was pretty thrilling seeing your ww2 troops especially the more esoteric hard to source ones....get the Dr Jones team done soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous challenge Benito, really loved your Fallschirmjager additions (ex para myself) all the best for the coming year

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on hitting your target and always to the highest standard!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the passing bny and commenting. Stay safe until December!

      Delete
  16. I always love your work and appreciate your comments Benito. Someday I'd like to visit Spain and perhaps we can do coffee (or Rioja) too.

    ReplyDelete