Sunday 26 March 2023

From ScottR Last Post - Wrap up.

Hi all,

Well, as requested here is a final post with everything taht I did over the painting Comp.

So kicking off on Dec 21 and finishing Mar 21.  Although I was away for the middle for about a month.  So two months worth and happily double my intended 700 points.

It was a good incentive to get some projects finished and some other moving along a bit.

My Celts and Greeks for Hail Caesar.  The Command stands for my Pike and Shot Scots Royalists under the Earl of Montrose, My 15mm Australians for NAM and lastly....  Hmmm no thats it.

Lots of figures for sure.  My thanks to Curt and his awesome support team who made this program run so smoothly and for putting it together of course.  Now to plan out whats for next years.

So here you are in my basement of Doom with my work laid out.


Figures and terrain from Warlord, Colonel Bills, Battlefront, Foundry, Victrix, Perry and Warbases

My heart felt congratulations to all those that submitted work.  It was an absolute pleasure to troll through the weekly submissions to see the great work that was done.  Until next time.  Cheers.  Scott R.


33 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Scott! I especially enjoyed your massed ancients. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. Was a great experience. Still waiting from my last post submitted with the Spartans, elephant number 2 etc to be posted.... :( i got the points but not the post. ;)

      Delete
  2. Some lovely additions to the collection there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of goodies added in this Challenge edition, but your warband was whatg I liked the most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks, the Warband was fun and the chariots a great challenge.

      Delete
  4. Well done Scott on doubling your target. You had some great posts, I especially like the clay rolling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, glad I could help with something. It was a nice way to do the basing.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful variety Scott of both scales and periods

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking minis, Scott! Great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the numbers and the finely painted models! Well chuffed I bet on that there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah was surprised at the output and happy....

      Delete
  8. A great bunch of figures and terrain to add to your collection, Scott! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. The Barn was surprisingly fun to paint and base.

      Delete
  9. That's a brilliant result Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work, Scott! I liked your creative Celtic terrain piece and that very fine War Elephant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Emjenic. The elephants were alot of fun to do. Taht Celtic Cross i have had for so many years, Im glad I finally found a good use for it. Not too mention Colonel Bills perfect figures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful brushwork, Scott! Grand work all around especially on the ancients and the Celtics with the thematic terrain piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. The Celt Cross terrain piece was a lot of fun. Those figures have been waiying a long time to be done. Very pleased with how it came together.

      Delete
  13. Great work, Scott! Love the elephants and pikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Yes the elephants are an interesting paint challenge.

      Delete
  14. Superb work Scott, celts and pike were my favorites

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. Have to say, i really like the Greeks to work on.

      Delete
  15. Splendid output lovely warband!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete