Tuesday 13 February 2024

From PeterD: Pict Cavalry (45 Points)


Another small post from me as I crawl towards my goal.  It's February, we've had mostly sucky weather recently (grey and above sloppy underfoot), I've got a heavy teaching load and a ton of February blahs....   

I've got another unit of 4 Pict Light Cavalry based for my To The Strongest Late Roman Britain project. Figures are mostly a mix of two Gripping Beast plastic kits,  Late Roman Light Cavalry and Dark age Cavalry.  Heads, shields and weapons are from the GB Pict infantry kit and the rolled cloaks came from a Victrix Roman infantry kit.



These were in the queue since last May.  After priming I found that I'd made the Proverbial Porcine Posterior on assembly (I like alliteration a lot!).  Eventually I filled the most glaring errors and decided to ignore the rest.  They look ok when one applies the two foot rule.



Four cavalry in 28mm is 40 points with no bonus rooms.

  

Nothing to be bored about here, I should say Peter! I think they look great, even up close. Nice to see some kitbashing too, it makes them look very individual and characteristic. I've thrown in some extra points for the shields and the creative alliteration alteration. Well done!

Martijn

25 comments:

  1. Perfectly presented Picts Peter! (I like alliteration too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martijn, especially for the extra points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Edward Gorey illustration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all things Gorey. It's the eyes in this one.

      Delete
  4. Excellent kit bash and fun submission Peter. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful looking cavalry, Peter. Very colourful! I sympathize with poor Neville, February is often tough sledding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. I think we hall have a little Neville in us during February.

      Delete
  6. love the cavalry great job on these they would look good on any table

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I like the colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff, way too bright historically but look ok on table.

      Delete
  8. Great stuff. The basing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent looking cavalry, I think I've got their cousins on my painting table!
    Best iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Looking forward to seeing yours. It's about time you got started on that project.

      Delete
  10. Lovely work Peter, those are full of character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, this army should have character.

      Delete
  11. great cavalry Peter! I can relate to your weather comment, it's been the same over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander. Our weather has improved, bit of snow, sunshine and the temps dropped enough that the out door skating rinks reopened.

      Delete