Monday 20 February 2017

Adamc-- D'Argent's Guards Enfant (32 Points)

I've always said that one of the best reasons to have an imaginary wargaming nation is the fun of naming units for friends and relations.  Previous challenges has seen a regiment of hussars for my Niece and a regiment of Dragoons for my (2nd) Nephew.  Well for those of you who don't already know my wife  and I are expecting our first child in August.  This is very exciting news and means massive life changes.  How it will impact my war gaming and painting I can only begin to speculate but for right now it means I have the opportunity to paint a new unit for my fictional army.
 I present the Guards Enfant painted in honor of my child and heir to my miniatures.  I've mirrored the colors of my current Guard infantry unit gray (the National uniform color of D'Argent) with purple cuffs and facings.
 One of the beauties of this name is that it's unisex as we don't yet know if its a boy or girl.  The flag is one used by the French Cavalry regiment "Royal" I seemed to be the look I wanted.
The trumpeter was done up in our wedding colors Navy Blue with "coral" (pink) and teal for the lace. The last isn't exactly a historical color but Imaginations gives one latitude with such things.   Assuming my spawn get into gaming and painting I am sure he or she will inspire other more project as time goes by.  For now this serves as fun way to share this with the my gaming pals.  The miniatures are Old Glory 15s and should net me 32 points toward my goal and should count for the Seven Years War challenge (I've got no shot so if poeople can get in their command stand orders that would be great ☺).

MilesR: It seems calvary suites you today as your second entry is also on horseback although in a different scale.  Very nicely done.

22 comments:

  1. Nice work, and congrats on your upcoming 1:1 sculpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :) though the primary sculptor is certainly my wife :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on the cavalry unit and congrats on the upcoming arrival. Paint minis now while you can still sleep. Also make sure the nursery is ready well in advance. My daughter arrived 10 weeks early and a few days after I pulled the plaster from the nursery walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll keep the possibility of early arrivals in mind.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank You and I thought it was good one too.

      Delete
  4. Well done Adam and congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very smart looking cavalry unit and the best to you and the missus on your upcoming addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the family extension andmake sure you get enough sleep before it arrives, you're gonna need it! Nice unit of French at that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on observation(I'm and Uncle 3 times officially) I am not sure there is any amount of sleep ahead of time that counts is "enough"

      Delete
  7. Very sharp imagi-Nation cav, Adam. I quite like the colors chosen.
    Congrats on the new addition too!....Sleep is for Sissies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. Gray Uniforms are wonderful because they work so well with other colors.

      Delete
  8. Lovely and fanciful unit. Give you joy of your coming child, may he or she have a long, healthy and happy life.

    ReplyDelete