Monday 20 February 2017

From TamsinP: 15mm Choson Korean Regulars (212 points)

Well, my good folks, this is the entry that I had originally planned and hoped to submit last week until fatigue and the fiddliness of painting figures already on the base forced a change of plans:



Yes, some additions to my 15mm Choson Korean army. Previously I've painted up enough regular troops to field six mixed units of "spearmen" with either bowmen, crossbowmen or arquebusiers. Which was enough for most gaming purposes, but I think you all know about my megalomania - I want to be able to field more. With enough rear rank missile troops already painted, the only option was to add some more front rank bases. Of course, the pack sizes meant that instead of just adding six sets of front ranks I am actually adding eight! And another two general stands (not that I need them - I already had nine regular command groups) just because I had the mounted commanders.

So, on with the pics.

First up, all the front rank bases:






To help identify units on the tabletop, I've done the hat tassels in six different colours (red, white, blue, green, yellow, orange) - in reality they would have been red or black.

Just the officer bases:





And the generals:






And this is the entirety of the regular and guard foot that I've painted so far*:


*I will stop there. Honest!

There are another two almost-full file boxes (cavalry; irregular infantry) and an almost-full half-size box (generals and artillery) holding the rest of the army. And soon there will be an almost-full box of Mongols for mercenary or allied horse nomads...

And onto the points:

98 foot @ 2 points = 196
4 mounted @ 4 = 16
Total = 212

Note to Miles - no points for the flags - they were made a couple of years ago.

The figures are all Old Glory 15s and painted to a dirty "campaign look" wargames standard.

MilesR: Sadly your "wargame standard" painting far exceeds my best efforts - these Koreans are really very nicely done and in bulk!  I think you need to complete a few boxes of these lads....

28 comments:

  1. Another impressive Tamsin horde!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful, now off to watch the warrior and blood rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dead impressive, Tamsin, you have been busy! So how many figs is that all up for the Choson?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice horde of angry Koreans Tamsin. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy kimchi that's a powerful load of Koreans! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fine army you have raised alright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Tamsin, I really like all the banners that you've incorporated into the units.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a lot of Koreans. Awesome work Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent stuff! They look so good. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very nice indeed and spectacular with all those colours and banners. Sadly though, you seem a little deficient in numbers thus far and need to increase the current model count :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How jolly colourful! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a magnificently colourful bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous looking army, of an area I don't know enough about.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing output and quality as ever. You put the rest of us to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work Tamsin. But are you sure that one or two more units wouldn't be worth it...you know, just to top it off a bit more...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful brushwork Tamsin, love all the flags!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work, Tamsin! With all the banners flying, it's a good thing the tassels are color coded unit standard! ;)
    They look very sharp, especially for the wee scale!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely lot, Tamsin. The officers' lavish uniforms are very ... lavish, and the foot troops, with their black hats and black and white uniforms, look a bit like rampaging Puritans. As always, I am in awe of your productivity and the consistent quality of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Christopher S - thanks! :)

    @ Martin C - cheers! I ought to watch those films too :)

    @ Evan - thanks! How many figs in that army? 1, 2, 3...many ;)

    @ Rod F - cheers! :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! :)

    @ Dave D - cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks Snowlord! They're from the Perry website, reduced in size to fit for 15mm :)

    @ Nick J - cheers! :)

    @ Brendon - thanks! :)

    @ Paul O'G - cheers! As for suggesting I don't have enough and need more - don't you start! It's not as though I need any encouragement! ;)

    @ Jamie M - thanks! :)

    @ Ken R - cheers! :)

    @ Sander - thanks! Well, the officers are colourful! :)

    @ Barks - cheers! :)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Greg - thanks! Stop encouraging me! I've got more than enough of the regulars, so no more! The irregulars though... :)

    @ Adam C - cheers! :)

    @ Ray R - thanks! :)

    @ David B - cheers! :)

    @ Michael P - thanks Padre! Before the Yi reforms the troops could be almost as colourful as the officers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, looks super good with all the flags!

    ReplyDelete
  21. > I think you all know about my megalomania
    Nothing wrong with that. This is a support group for folks like you (and me!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Iannick - thanks! :)

    @ Millsy - cheers! I presume that Dave D is also a member of this support group? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have seen you do this a few times and can't figure out how you can get some much done so fast. Congratulations. Those Koreans are really nice and I have loved the SYW stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Smashing work Tamsin! This really seems to be one of those never ending projects. Actually I really don't mind, so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please scan those and upload them. I need to do a project on studying other nations. So please scan them and upload them on Thingiverse.

    ReplyDelete