Monday 20 February 2017

Adamc- Gallopers and Trotters (122 Points)

Two more units for the Pikeman's Lament cavalry this time. I took advantage of the Warlord Spruce sale to pick up a box worth of cavalry at almost half the price.
 First up are the "Gallopers."  Cavalry that excels at shock action.  They are excellent for attacking, but are a lot less effective if they are charged and don't manage to counter charge.
 You can make them "aggressive" which makes them even better at attacking but makes but also means they are likely to run straight at the enemy regardless of the odds.
I tried to use the more dynamic looking horses and riders for this unit.
 Second we have "Trotters."  These guys are cavalry 'Flavor' that really says pike and shotte to me.
 They can have a special action called Caracole that lets them make a half move toward or away from a target and then fire.  What's really cool is if their shooting disrupts their target they may immediately charge home.
This time I tried to use the men and horses that looked like they were moving at more of a walking or "trotting" pace.There are six horsemen in each unit and I can mix and match them if I want to have two units of either type.  I think Trotters will be my favorite type but one can never tell until you get in a few games.

There are twelve miniatures here all 25mm which should make a nice 120 points

MilesR: Some very nicely done calvary there and point each for the banners, so 122 points in total.

20 comments:

  1. Nice work Adam. Your description of the aggressive cavalry brings to mind a gamer around here who was prone to unleash a charge at almost anything while uttering a defiant "never tell me the odds". Charge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the type :) Occasionally I have been the type :)

      Delete
  2. I quite like em both, but I'm more partial to the gallopers. Act decisively and if wrong, make it right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with cavalry is often it doesn't have the staying power to fix its own mistakes. That means some PBI has to fix it for them.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I think these might be my best horses.

      Delete
  4. lovely, very determined looking cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope they prove so when they see the table.

      Delete
  5. Just sold off all my ECW, regretting it already

    ReplyDelete