Tuesday 30 January 2018

From: GrahameH - Second Entry - More Bits of the 21st Panzer Division (514 points)


Just finishing the last few parts of the 21st Panzer Div.


These are the transports for my German Infantry Battalion featured in my first entry. They are supposed to be P 107, but no one seems to make them in 15mm. So I have tried to convert some French half-tracks by QRF. Not great but they will do. 


Two 15mm SdKfz 7 (Battlefront)


U304(f) 2cm Flak (Battlefront)


Captured Somua S-35 (Skytrek)

A bit more for my German Cavalry Battalion (15mm)


A SdKfz 253 (StuG) not part of the Battlion but I had some grey paint left over and a SdKfz 221  (Both Battlefront)















Krupp Kfz 70 Truck (Battlefront)

15cm IG33 auf Panzer 1 (Battlefront) again not part of the Battalion buti did mange to use the Grey paint up. 




Romans (15mm Essex 48 figures)

At last I decided to finish of my Early Roman Army,  so I ordered some figures from Essex. The Legionaries were fine but it seems they have change the Auxiliary javelin figures. The new ones are  much smaller than the ones I have and don't mix very well (I suppose I could but the size is very noticeable - so no i can't) Therefore finishing the Romans is on hold again until some old Essex Auxiliary come up on Ebay. :(



15mm Essex Ancient British (93 Figures)

Going through my lead mounting I found I had these, and as I had no auxiliary to paint I painted these instead.


Finally - Khurasan (15mm Late 16th Cent) Landsknecht (80 Figures)

These are for my French Wars of Religion armies. Two units (one smaller than the other but reinforcements are on order)



Hopefully I will finish off the German Cavalry Battalion by the next post and maybe the Numidian army. Which probably means I won't, and will paint something entirely different. I know, just can't help being a wargames butterfly.

Oh wow Grahame, you must be the absolute king of 15mm! I just cannot believe those Landsknecht are really 15mm, they are so well painted, I would have believed them to be  28mm without a doubt. The conversions on the German halftracks worked out wonderfully well and that Somua is an absolute gem. What a treat Grahame, do get cracking on those German riders and Numidians, can't wait. If my math is correct, you are down for 515 points. 

18 comments:

  1. Flippin' 'eck Grahame - you just keep churning them out! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shockwaves are still echoing around my office. Epic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a powerful load of 15s Grahame. My eyes are too old for these figs these days, but I like what you've turned out. All great, but top marks for the Landschnechs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb! They're all terrific but I have to say I really like the look of those pikemen. Wonderful brushwork Grahame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes, what an assortment! Top quality too, very well done Grahame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the pike block too - get the sense of mass that sometimes don't achieve with 25mm unless you have masses of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so well painted what a great mass of figures very very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff all aroudn those Romans look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and crisp painting! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW! Terrific work Graham! Love the Romans, infact love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Cow! What a terrific 15mm bomb.
    I cant pick a favourite amongst them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking half tracks followed by great looking Romans and ancient brits, but wonderful looking landsknechts! Wow!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. 15cm IG33 auf Panzer I - the most overloaded AFV in the German Army!
    ; )
    Lovely work on these vehicles - so many gems there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cracking work Grahame! Quit a nice varied selection you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely collection of armour!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice work on this paint bomb! I really like the German Vick and the wonderful detail on them. The ancients are also wonderful and we'll done, but I really like the landsknecht regiments and the riot of color. Beautiful work on them, and 15's no less!

    ReplyDelete