Tuesday 30 January 2018

From KentG: 28mm Napoleonics, 15mm FoW and 28mm Mexican (425 Points)




 Well another week has flown by and this week I decided to complete the
Battlefront miniatures that iI was given, so that I could paint
 them up and give them away on my channel.


Here we have two x 100/17 howitzers.
 I've always just loved the look of these chunky guns.

 Next up 2 x10.5 LG40 recoilless guns (FJ)

Then mid week I went slightly Crazy and decided to do a box of Victrix Guard Chasseurs, where was my head with over 300 figures already started adding another 60, oh well I hit them hard and here they are!



So I finished the Guard Saturday about 1.30 pm and decided to try and get
another regiment of line done. I just love French line infantry reminds me
of my childhood and all the Airfix figures iI had, great memories!


The photo below is the French army that I've painted so far
in the competition. I am really happy but really daunted to 
see that I'm not even half way through it.


 This figure was the only figure that I have painted by Wednesday evening
my mind was in a blurrrr so I needed to have a little extra fun
and man did I enjoy painting this fellow.



I think Points wise its as follows
72 x 28mm French =360pts, 19 x 15mm foot =38pts, 4 guns = 16pts, halftrack = 6pts
28mm Mexican = 5pts total = 425points

And Kent strikes again! What a whopper entry you're treating us to mate. While the 15mm force looks totally awesome, I do like the crisp way you've painted them up in, the French Napoleonics really are the bomb! Those Old Guards are superb and while they do have a taste  of the venerable Airfix figures to them, for me they resemble the Revell figures more. Whatever brand you choose, fact remains that your painting of them is top notch.
The points will be added tonight as always!

10 comments:

  1. Amazing work Kent! I've said it before, but boy your painting speed is really just unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your entries this week are a treat for the eyes. Great work Kent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god what a paint bomb! Nice work on all, but those Chasseurs are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely astonishing stuff Kent. Such lovely brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive! Very nice painting on all of them, but that cowboy is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic looking figures, so many and so fast!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing productivity with excellent result on those Napoleonics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That group shot of the French is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand work on the french, Kent! I hope you still have enough French Blue to finish them! The Chasseurs are particularly really sharp!

    ReplyDelete