Thursday 16 January 2020

From Barks: 40K Chaos Cultists (42 points)

Here are some Chaos Cultists for my Pinkstone Fortress project.

I think I've got flames nailed down. Progressive wetbrushing from yellow through orange to red on a white base.
Cultist Firebrand


Leader

Heavy. Turanga Leela, is that you?

Grenade Launcher

Autoguns. Great poses.

The cult assembles
I'm starting to think I've overdone the pink? Maybe less is more. Help stop me from second-guessing myself!

Skull-o-meter™: 8
Cumulative Skullz: 9

8x 28mm figures: 40 points

I absolutely love these. Pink is such an underusded colour for heavily armed psychopaths. To my mind the excellent flames should count as a standard so an extra couple for you

25 comments:

  1. Love the pink and the figures look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man walks down the street dressed like that isn't afraid of anyone! They look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that's awesome. I love bonkers 30k/40k cultists, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg. I’ve got a soft spot for them too.

      Delete
  4. The pink makes them look so cuddly that it just simply can't be overdone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink cloth, pink armour, pink skin- I may have overdone it.

      Delete
  5. Ah yes the Peptopink, lovely work Barks. More skulls please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, more awesome Pinkstone Fortress - fabulous stuff. What is 'wetbrushing'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like dry brushing, but more paint on the brush? I don’t think I’ve made it up, other people mention it now and then.

      Delete
    2. No, I think you totally made it up. Sounds sensible though. :)

      Delete
  7. Well, pink might not have been my colour of choice, but actually I have to confess it has a rather striking effect. Very nice painting and that flame looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty in Pink, I should say. Absolutely gorgeous, these. As to the flamebearer, he is pretty impressive. Hot and pink, who could ask for more? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work, you made pink look like an imposing colour with this group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blinding bunch of psycho cultists!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete