Tuesday 7 January 2020

From Curt: 'For Joshua' - Red Dragon and Knights at O'Grady's Gulch (69 Points)


O'Grady's Gulch asks us to paint a figure for a friend and so I thought this was a suitable spot for me to offer my submission to James' very worthy 'For Joshua' project.


I excavated through my Lead Shed to see if I had something suitable, and was delighted to come across this old chestnut. Here we have a very OOP Imperial Dragon from GW's venerable, but excellent 10mm Warmaster range.


A nice lump of metal and suitably imposing on the battlefield. 


Also included is a unit of Bretonnian knights, ready to charge and get gloriously char broiled in their plate armour. 'Off you go, good lads. I hope you put on your SPF 1 Billion...'



As GW also made a 10mm  'Battle of the Five Armie's boxed set years ago, I think, in a pinch, he'd also make a spiffing (smoking? smoldering?) Smaug.


I hope you like them James.

Curt

17 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the dragon and nice knights, Curt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking set Curt although those knights might soon become extra crispy! I'm sure James will like it!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dragon - very nice contribution to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is splendid work, well done that man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a superb contribution to James' project! The Bretaonians are quite splendid in their shiny armour, but I'm rather sure that rather imposing Lindworm will make short process with those impertinent fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dragon is quite superb Curt - a fantastic contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing Curtis - thank you for the contribution, very much appreciated. If anyone wants more info on the project, you can find out more on my Blog here: https://themadtinhatter.blogspot.com/2019/10/charity-project-for-joshua-blog-2.html or via a Youtube video I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19cYm8R92bQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dragon and knights all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic, really love the dragon. Will have to get more monsters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dragon and lovely knights!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool work Curt, love the red on the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Checked coats at 10mm? I salute you sir! Smashing job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fine brushwork as always my friend, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks very much for the kind words everybody. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great! Hard to get a sense of scale until it is next to the knights.

    ReplyDelete